Papua New Guinea Teenage Rape Victim Gets Even, Beheads Own Father
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | June 17, 2013 3:36 PM EST
A Papua New Guinea father of four has been beheaded by his own daughter whom he had allegedly raped. However, members of the local community have sworn to protect the 18-year-old woman at all costs, claiming her father deserved to die after all.
After chopping clean her father's head off from the rest of his body, the Papua New Guinea girl immediately reported the incident to her community elders.
"The people and leaders in our area went and saw the headless body of the father after the girl reported the incident to them and explained why she had killed her father," Pastor Lucas Kumi, a local church leader from the village of Rang in the Western Highlands of PNG, was quoted by the Post Courier.
"We've all agreed that she is free to stay in the community because the father deserved to die."
"The daughter did what she did because of the trauma and the evil actions of her father, so that is why we have all agreed that she remains in the community."
On Tuesday, when his wife and other children left their home to visit relatives, the father raped his own teenage daughter repeatedly in the night. On Wednesday morning, when it seemed to her he would want to rape her again, the Papua New Guinea daughter no longer had second thoughts and chopped off the head of her father using a Tramontia bush knife.
Apart from the ring of protection the community had given the teenage girl, they likewise agreed not to give the Papua New Guinea girl's father a proper burial because of his alleged crime.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ideological Support Swells for Scottish Independence
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch Wants Putin's Daughter Maria Deported to Russia From Holland
- New Zealand and China Decide to Boost Defence Ties
- Gaza Crisis: 695 Dead & 4,500 Injured, UN Accuses Israel of War Crimes
- 3 Almost Believable Internet Theories on the Malaysia Airlines MH17 Crash
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports