Dozens of Nokia EOS Devices in Production Leaked, Smartphone Photography to Change on July 11?
By Gilda Galang | June 17, 2013 11:55 AM EST
The Nokia EOS device, which has been leaked before, has now received an updated leak, this time hinting at the possibility that it is already on its mass production phase.
Also going by the leaked image presenting dozens of prototypes, WP Central reports that the latest set of leaks has brought back the notion of a black and white aluminum lens cap. In line with this, other speculations have also sprung forth different colored version, which is not surprising for a Nokia device.
As for the speculated specs, the EOS device is still rumored to have a 4.5-inch 720p display, 32 GB of internal storage, bearing professional-photo software technology, and the much touted 41-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens and Xenon flash.
Faced off versus Samsung's S4 Zoom
Considering that the leak of the phones has hinted that the Nokia EOS device is more than just a rumored phone, it seems that the main competitor that it will be facing against is Samsung's S4 Zoom.
According to Pop Herald, Samsung's own gadget will feature a 16-megapixel rear camera, with a 10x zoom. But the most that the S4 Zoom will be rivaling with the Nokia EOS is its camera, as most of its features are to be expected in the smartphone industry, with a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1.5 GB RAM, and a 4.3-inch qHD display.
Still, the Nokia EOS will prove to be the more powerful gadget, if the leaks are anything to go by.
Bound to change smartphone photography on July 11?
With Nokia already having sent media invites for an unspecified product unveiling this coming July 11, it seems that most speculations have turned to the Nokia EOS, considering leaks and rumors of its production, reports Ubergizmo.
IT Pro Portal also reports that the Nokia EOS may be Nokia's way of setting the pace for smartphone photography, considering how it may also be debuting a Smart Camera software, also coming to the Lumia 925 and Lumia 920.
This technology is reportedly a revolutionary way in smartphone cameras, as you not only get a 41-megapixel camera, but also the ability to remove the nuances, such as blurred moving objects, switching faces between photos, and picking the best shot from an array of 10-second simultaneous shots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide