Christie Brinkley On Melissa McCarthy's Photoshopped 'Heat' Ad: 'It's Kind Of Weird To Do'
June 17, 2013 8:50 AM EST
Like many people who were outraged, American actress and supermodel Christie Brinkley is not happy about Melissa McCarthy’s face and body being distorted on the poster for “The Heat,” her new film with Sandra Bullock. In the U.K. version of the movie poster, her face has been so heavily Photoshopped, it looks as if it blends into neck: In other words, it not only is insulting to the actress but also just looks weird.
Brinkley sat down with “Entertainment Tonight” to discuss her issues with the retouched photo -- and why it’s even done in the first place. “I’ve been photoshopped before,” she told ET. However, she said, “I think it’s kind of weird to do that with actors because obviously you can’t Photoshop a movie and you’re going to be seeing the actors as they are in the movie.”
The 59-year-old beauty told the entertainment-news show why she thinks it’s wrong to change the appearance of someone people know and accept. “You get to know actors, and you just love them the way they are," she said. “We all love Melissa McCarthy just the way she is.”
The blond bombshell also takes issue with the message that altering one’s image sends to others. “Everything gives the message [that] it’s not OK to be old, it’s not OK to be fat, it’s not OK to have any imperfections.” Even though she realizes retouching is done to sell magazines and other media products, Brinkley isn’t sure that there’s not another solution: “I wish that there was some way we could change that.”
McCarthy hasn’t publicly responded to her image on the film poster being “thinned down.”
“The Heat,” a comedy about two female cops pairing together, hits U.S. movie theaters June 28.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop