Christie Brinkley On Melissa McCarthy's Photoshopped 'Heat' Ad: 'It's Kind Of Weird To Do'
June 17, 2013 8:50 AM EST
Like many people who were outraged, American actress and supermodel Christie Brinkley is not happy about Melissa McCarthy’s face and body being distorted on the poster for “The Heat,” her new film with Sandra Bullock. In the U.K. version of the movie poster, her face has been so heavily Photoshopped, it looks as if it blends into neck: In other words, it not only is insulting to the actress but also just looks weird.
Brinkley sat down with “Entertainment Tonight” to discuss her issues with the retouched photo -- and why it’s even done in the first place. “I’ve been photoshopped before,” she told ET. However, she said, “I think it’s kind of weird to do that with actors because obviously you can’t Photoshop a movie and you’re going to be seeing the actors as they are in the movie.”
The 59-year-old beauty told the entertainment-news show why she thinks it’s wrong to change the appearance of someone people know and accept. “You get to know actors, and you just love them the way they are," she said. “We all love Melissa McCarthy just the way she is.”
The blond bombshell also takes issue with the message that altering one’s image sends to others. “Everything gives the message [that] it’s not OK to be old, it’s not OK to be fat, it’s not OK to have any imperfections.” Even though she realizes retouching is done to sell magazines and other media products, Brinkley isn’t sure that there’s not another solution: “I wish that there was some way we could change that.”
McCarthy hasn’t publicly responded to her image on the film poster being “thinned down.”
“The Heat,” a comedy about two female cops pairing together, hits U.S. movie theaters June 28.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy