Christie Brinkley On Melissa McCarthy's Photoshopped 'Heat' Ad: 'It's Kind Of Weird To Do'
June 17, 2013 8:50 AM EST
Like many people who were outraged, American actress and supermodel Christie Brinkley is not happy about Melissa McCarthy’s face and body being distorted on the poster for “The Heat,” her new film with Sandra Bullock. In the U.K. version of the movie poster, her face has been so heavily Photoshopped, it looks as if it blends into neck: In other words, it not only is insulting to the actress but also just looks weird.
Brinkley sat down with “Entertainment Tonight” to discuss her issues with the retouched photo -- and why it’s even done in the first place. “I’ve been photoshopped before,” she told ET. However, she said, “I think it’s kind of weird to do that with actors because obviously you can’t Photoshop a movie and you’re going to be seeing the actors as they are in the movie.”
The 59-year-old beauty told the entertainment-news show why she thinks it’s wrong to change the appearance of someone people know and accept. “You get to know actors, and you just love them the way they are," she said. “We all love Melissa McCarthy just the way she is.”
The blond bombshell also takes issue with the message that altering one’s image sends to others. “Everything gives the message [that] it’s not OK to be old, it’s not OK to be fat, it’s not OK to have any imperfections.” Even though she realizes retouching is done to sell magazines and other media products, Brinkley isn’t sure that there’s not another solution: “I wish that there was some way we could change that.”
McCarthy hasn’t publicly responded to her image on the film poster being “thinned down.”
“The Heat,” a comedy about two female cops pairing together, hits U.S. movie theaters June 28.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election