Sweden Bans Any Sexual Act Between Human and Animal, Offence Punishable by 2-Year Jail Term (VIDEOS & PHOTOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 17, 2013 8:49 AM EST
Sweden is imposing a total ban in 2014 on bestiality or sex between humans and animals. The move would amend current laws that make the act illegal only if cruelty to the animal could be proven.
"There should be no doubt that bestiality is unacceptable ...The government is now tightening the rules surrounding bestiality so there will be no doubt about the fact that it is prohibited to inflict suffering on animals," Minister for Rural Affairs Eskil Erlandsson said in a statement.
Beginning Jan 1, 2014, any sexual acts with an animal would be meted a fine and a maximum prison term of two years or both, despite the lack of signs or injury or suffering by the animal.
Johan Beck-Friis, spokesman of the Swedish Federation of Veterinarians, agreed with the change in the country's law and said it makes an important and clear statement that sex with an animal is unacceptable.
Similar legislations are in place in Germany, Britain, France and Switzerland.
Due to bestial practices, there were 100 cases of animals in 2006 that suffered from injuries believe to have been caused by forced sex between humans and animals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Indonesia Uses Russian-Built Fighter Jets In Chasing For Australian Plane
- Move Over, Jeremy Meeks; Brazil Has A Handsome Crook With 39 Murders On Record
- Producers Allowed to Sue ‘Femme Fatales’ Actress Anne Greene For Refusing Nude Scenes
- Islamic State: Aussie Terrorism Suspect Was In Same Video When Runaway Teenager Threatened PM Abbott
- Islamic State: From Beheading Men, IS Moves To Stoning Adulteress To Death
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop