VIDEO Hole-In-One U.S Open 2013: Shawn Stefani Hits Ace At Merion In Final Round
June 17, 2013 3:56 AM EST
American Shawn Stefani sunk the first ever hole-in-one at a U.S. Open held at Merion on Sunday in the final round.
Though he would finished in a tie for 60th with a 19-over 299, Stefani made some history in the process.
On the par-3 17th hole, Stefani lifted his tee shot to the right and back of the green and in the rough, but watched as it slowly rolled down into the cup. The ball wedged slightly between the flag and the cup, the 31-year-old from Baytown, Texas was elated at the tee and celebrating with his caddie.
In video below by Bleacher Report, the crowd was roaring along with Stefani.
According to Deadspin via the PGA Tour, it was was the 43rd hole-in-one is U.S. Open history.
Ranked No. 113 in the world, has two top 10 finishes this year. However he did struggle in April and March missing three straight cuts.
The hole-in-one should absolutely make up for those disappointments.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed