Happy Father's Day: Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Suriya and Other Popular Dads of Kollywood
By sangeetha seshagiri | June 16, 2013 9:57 PM EST
Today, 16 June, is marked as Father's Day worldwide to celebrate fatherhood and their insightful influence on their children's lives.
Kollywood's most-popular actors are, as well, doting fathers of their children. Here is a look some of the super dads of the Tamil film industry.
Superstar Rajinikanth has been a big inspiration to his daughters - Aishwarya and Soundarya.
Aishwarya, the eldest daughter, is married to Dhanush of "Kolaveri" fame. Although Rajini is a phenomenal star, his daughters have never been part of films onscreen. However, they preferred to be part of the Tamil film industry by working behind the cameras.
Aishwarya has directed a film titled "3", starring her husband. She is now busy with her next project "Vai Raja Vai".
Soundarya is also into direction and in her first film she has directed her legendary father, who plays a dual role in their upcoming "Kochadaiyaan."
Kamal Haasan is one proud father. Unlike other star kids, his daughter Shruti managed to enter showbiz on her own. The versatile actor is so proud that his daughter has carved a niche for herself in the south film industry.
"I am very glad I didn't launch her. I want her to walk back home as a star. As a father right from the beginning I wanted her to make her own way and I should not have a hand in that," Haasan once told IANS.
But this doting father gives inputs to his daughter when there is a need. According to recent reports, Kamal who is known to experiment with various roles gave some tips to his daughter on how to sport a scar needed for Shruti's character in her upcoming bollywood flick "D-Day".
Star couple Suriya-Jyothika has two kids - daughter Diya and son Dev. This popular dad of Kollywood prefers to spend more time with his children.
The actor once said that he wants to be like his father who took a break from his work and spent more time with his children - Suriya, Karthi and Brinda, even at the peak of his career.
Actor Vijay is known to be a home bird and prefers spending quality time with his family and kids when he does not shoot for any films.
When he gets time, this dutiful father drops his son Sanjay and daughter Saasha to school which is the most enjoyable task for the actor.
His son Sanjay is said to be a good dancer. The little star showed his dancing skills in a song sequence in "Vettaikaran".
Ajith-Shalini's little bundle of joy Anoushka has been loved by not just her parents, but also numerous fans of Ajith.
The doting father never goes to sleep without spending time with his dear daughter.
Actor Arjun is an adoring dad who supports his daughters in all their ventures. The actor has two daughters - Aishwarya and Anjana.
When his eldest daughter Aishwarya decided to work in films, this proud father supported her and even introduced her to the media.
Aishwarya is all set to make her debut with Vishal's "Pattathu Yaanai", directed by Bhoopathi Pandian.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports