Salman Khan Did Not Ask Sooraj Pancholi to Break up with Jiah Nafisa Khan
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 16, 2013 5:54 PM EST
Putting an end to the rumours that he had advised Sooraj Pancholi to break up with Bollywood actress Jiah Nafisa Khan, Salman Khan said he was not even aware that they were in a relationship.
Stating that he came to know of their relationship through a magazine Salman said, "I was not even aware of Suraj and Jiah's relationship. I got to know of it through a news magazine," The Times of India reported.
Rumours of Salman's intervention in the matter surfaced after Jiah's mother said that Salman had asked Sooraj to break up with Jiah when his father and veteran actor Aditya Pancholi came to know about their close bond.
Rabiya Khan, the mother of 25-year-old "Nishabd" actress, said that Salman was initally against the relationship but later accepted when Sooraj revealed he was seriously in love with Jiah.
"He (Aditya Pancholi) even told Salman Khan about it (Jiah and Sooraj's relationship), who tried to talk Sooraj out of it. But Sooraj told him that he loved Jiah and Salman was then cool about it," Rabiya said.
However, Salman, who is set to launch Sooraj in his next venture "Hero", mentioned that Aditya never discussed about his son's relationship with Jiah to him. He went on to add that he sympathised with Jiah's family for their loss. He also said he had to take care of his own personal life and was not interested in interfering with other people's lives.
During the interview, Rabiya said that Jiah, who wanted to marry and settle down with Sooraj, was being ignored after he signed Salman's film.
"After he signed his debut film (remake of Hero) with Salman, his body language changed. In fact, Jiah told him that she wanted to meet Salman and tell him that she wanted to work with him. But Sooraj did not make it happen," said Rabiya.
Jiah, who was orginally known as Nafisa, committed suicide by hanging at her Juhu residence on 3 June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff