Salman Khan Did Not Ask Sooraj Pancholi to Break up with Jiah Nafisa Khan
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 16, 2013 5:54 PM EST
Putting an end to the rumours that he had advised Sooraj Pancholi to break up with Bollywood actress Jiah Nafisa Khan, Salman Khan said he was not even aware that they were in a relationship.
Stating that he came to know of their relationship through a magazine Salman said, "I was not even aware of Suraj and Jiah's relationship. I got to know of it through a news magazine," The Times of India reported.
Rumours of Salman's intervention in the matter surfaced after Jiah's mother said that Salman had asked Sooraj to break up with Jiah when his father and veteran actor Aditya Pancholi came to know about their close bond.
Rabiya Khan, the mother of 25-year-old "Nishabd" actress, said that Salman was initally against the relationship but later accepted when Sooraj revealed he was seriously in love with Jiah.
"He (Aditya Pancholi) even told Salman Khan about it (Jiah and Sooraj's relationship), who tried to talk Sooraj out of it. But Sooraj told him that he loved Jiah and Salman was then cool about it," Rabiya said.
However, Salman, who is set to launch Sooraj in his next venture "Hero", mentioned that Aditya never discussed about his son's relationship with Jiah to him. He went on to add that he sympathised with Jiah's family for their loss. He also said he had to take care of his own personal life and was not interested in interfering with other people's lives.
During the interview, Rabiya said that Jiah, who wanted to marry and settle down with Sooraj, was being ignored after he signed Salman's film.
"After he signed his debut film (remake of Hero) with Salman, his body language changed. In fact, Jiah told him that she wanted to meet Salman and tell him that she wanted to work with him. But Sooraj did not make it happen," said Rabiya.
Jiah, who was orginally known as Nafisa, committed suicide by hanging at her Juhu residence on 3 June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date