Salman Khan Comes Late but Compensates by Working Extra Hours, Says Prabu Deva
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 16, 2013 4:12 PM EST
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who is known for always coming late on film sets, found a new supporter in his former director - Prabhu Deva.
Salman had worked with the choreographer cum director in "Wanted" which turned out to be one of the biggest hits of 2009. When Prabhu was asked about Salman's habit of arriving late for shootings, the talented dancer said, "Why does everyone talk about Salman Khan's timings? Only one thing I would like to say that in last few years he has given many films," The Times of India reported.
"If he would have been coming late then he wouldn't have managed to give so many hits," he added.
Even if he comes late, Salman compensates by working extra hours, said Prabhu. "Producers and directors are ok even if he comes late and when he comes late he compensate by working for more hours. His films are coming every five months and the actor works hard for it."
After Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha starrer "Rowdy Rathore", Prabhu's next Bollywood project is "Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya". The film features Shruthi Haasan amd Girish Kumar, who is the son of Kumar Taurani, managing director of Tips Industries Limited. The film is set to hit the screens on 19 July.
Prabhu said the common notion that many Bollywood celebrities are unprofessional is incorrect. "Everyone on the sets of Rowdy Rathore used to be on schedule. Even on the sets of Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya veteran actors like Randhir Kapoor, Vinod Khanna and Poonam Dhillon used to be on time," he said.
Prabhu is presently filming his next project "Rambo Rajkumar" with Shahid Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports