Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Release Date on November Due to Galaxy S4 Sales?
By Ryan Inoyori | June 15, 2013 11:34 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 firmware update has been delayed and may be released on November or December, depending on how the company view sales record of the Galaxy S4. SamMobile recently tweeted the impending delay of the firmware update due to TouchWiz issues, and now, rumours point out its link to previous Galaxy S devices.
TouchWiz Compatibility Issues
It is still unconfirmed if TouchWiz affected the delay of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on Galaxy S3. According to SamMobile, the upgrade for both Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 has been delayed due to software-related issues of the TouchWiz UI. It is still unknown how the 1GB RAM memory supporting both devices would be having such problems.
Recently, the Galaxy S3 firmware update of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based on Galaxy S4 leaked with lock screen, effects, transition and Galaxy S4 exclusive apps included. Only the camera app hasn't been yet included to the leaked update, but the firmware seems to be working smoothly.
Sales Figure Affected the Update?
Another rumour is spreading, linking the sales record of Galaxy S4 on the delay of the official update for Galaxy S3. During the launch of the latest flagship from Samsung, it tipped over the shipment record of all the previous generations - Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3.
As crazy as it sounds, the company may be pushing more sales on the Galaxy S4 before it releases the latest update due to one factor which may affect the flagship significantly - exclusive Galaxy S4 apps.
Since Galaxy S3 is compatible with the Galaxy S4 applications, most owners of the previous generation won't have to buy the latest flagship if they can get almost everything right now. This could be a solid reason to delay the Android 4.2.2 official firmware till the fourth quarter of 2013.
Moreover, the strategy, if ever it is being used, will give way for the latest Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 to get Android 4.3 or Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie that are rumoured to be launched by October. In this way, owners may choose between Galaxy S3 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean plus Galaxy S4 apps or Galaxy S4 running Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, boasting a whole new interface and user experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast