It’s Official: Ford EcoSport Bookings Open; India Awaits Launch
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 15, 2013 4:51 PM EST
Bookings for the much-anticipated Ford EcoSport has begun in India even as the people wait for the company to announce the launch date of the vehicle.
Ford's compact SUV Ecosport, which made its debut at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, has already earned the accolade of being one of the most victorious launches in the history of the company. While the car has been marketed in many countries like Brazil and China, the US auto maker is yet to reveal its plans for India launch. However, the company on Wednesday declared that the booking for its new compact SUV is open in India with advance payment of ₹50,000. The company will charge ₹3000 for cancellation of the booking.
Meanwhile, EcoSport aficionados in India are disappointed with the Ford's decision to keep them in the dark about the launch of the vehicle.
EcoSport, which received soft launch in 12 cities as part of its EcoSport Urban Discoveries campaign roadshow, is expected to come in four trims - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional trims. The top-end variants, which are powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine, will come with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the Ambiente and Trend will have the 5-speed manual transmission (MT). The base model of the EcoSport Ambient will lack safety features like ABS and airbags but will have manual air conditioning, manual rear windows and Bluetooth audio system.
According to reports, the EcoSport SUV will be launched in seven colour variants and the interior will come in two colour options - charcoal black + warm neutral gray (offered on all variants except on Titanium (O)) and charcoal black + dark shadow gray (exclusive for the top end Titanium (O) model). The Titanium and Titanium (O) trims will feature Smart Keyless entry and Push Button Start. The SYNC emergency system is exclusive for the top two models of EcoSport. Along with the Sync Emergency technology, the top variants will also have CD/MP3 player and a 3.5-inch multifunction display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps