It’s Official: Ford EcoSport Bookings Open; India Awaits Launch
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 15, 2013 4:51 PM EST
Bookings for the much-anticipated Ford EcoSport has begun in India even as the people wait for the company to announce the launch date of the vehicle.
Ford's compact SUV Ecosport, which made its debut at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, has already earned the accolade of being one of the most victorious launches in the history of the company. While the car has been marketed in many countries like Brazil and China, the US auto maker is yet to reveal its plans for India launch. However, the company on Wednesday declared that the booking for its new compact SUV is open in India with advance payment of ₹50,000. The company will charge ₹3000 for cancellation of the booking.
Meanwhile, EcoSport aficionados in India are disappointed with the Ford's decision to keep them in the dark about the launch of the vehicle.
EcoSport, which received soft launch in 12 cities as part of its EcoSport Urban Discoveries campaign roadshow, is expected to come in four trims - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional trims. The top-end variants, which are powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine, will come with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the Ambiente and Trend will have the 5-speed manual transmission (MT). The base model of the EcoSport Ambient will lack safety features like ABS and airbags but will have manual air conditioning, manual rear windows and Bluetooth audio system.
According to reports, the EcoSport SUV will be launched in seven colour variants and the interior will come in two colour options - charcoal black + warm neutral gray (offered on all variants except on Titanium (O)) and charcoal black + dark shadow gray (exclusive for the top end Titanium (O) model). The Titanium and Titanium (O) trims will feature Smart Keyless entry and Push Button Start. The SYNC emergency system is exclusive for the top two models of EcoSport. Along with the Sync Emergency technology, the top variants will also have CD/MP3 player and a 3.5-inch multifunction display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers