It’s Official: Ford EcoSport Bookings Open; India Awaits Launch
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 15, 2013 4:51 PM EST
Bookings for the much-anticipated Ford EcoSport has begun in India even as the people wait for the company to announce the launch date of the vehicle.
Ford's compact SUV Ecosport, which made its debut at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, has already earned the accolade of being one of the most victorious launches in the history of the company. While the car has been marketed in many countries like Brazil and China, the US auto maker is yet to reveal its plans for India launch. However, the company on Wednesday declared that the booking for its new compact SUV is open in India with advance payment of ₹50,000. The company will charge ₹3000 for cancellation of the booking.
Meanwhile, EcoSport aficionados in India are disappointed with the Ford's decision to keep them in the dark about the launch of the vehicle.
EcoSport, which received soft launch in 12 cities as part of its EcoSport Urban Discoveries campaign roadshow, is expected to come in four trims - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional trims. The top-end variants, which are powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine, will come with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the Ambiente and Trend will have the 5-speed manual transmission (MT). The base model of the EcoSport Ambient will lack safety features like ABS and airbags but will have manual air conditioning, manual rear windows and Bluetooth audio system.
According to reports, the EcoSport SUV will be launched in seven colour variants and the interior will come in two colour options - charcoal black + warm neutral gray (offered on all variants except on Titanium (O)) and charcoal black + dark shadow gray (exclusive for the top end Titanium (O) model). The Titanium and Titanium (O) trims will feature Smart Keyless entry and Push Button Start. The SYNC emergency system is exclusive for the top two models of EcoSport. Along with the Sync Emergency technology, the top variants will also have CD/MP3 player and a 3.5-inch multifunction display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best