It’s Official: Ford EcoSport Bookings Open; India Awaits Launch
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 15, 2013 4:51 PM EST
Bookings for the much-anticipated Ford EcoSport has begun in India even as the people wait for the company to announce the launch date of the vehicle.
Ford's compact SUV Ecosport, which made its debut at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, has already earned the accolade of being one of the most victorious launches in the history of the company. While the car has been marketed in many countries like Brazil and China, the US auto maker is yet to reveal its plans for India launch. However, the company on Wednesday declared that the booking for its new compact SUV is open in India with advance payment of ₹50,000. The company will charge ₹3000 for cancellation of the booking.
Meanwhile, EcoSport aficionados in India are disappointed with the Ford's decision to keep them in the dark about the launch of the vehicle.
EcoSport, which received soft launch in 12 cities as part of its EcoSport Urban Discoveries campaign roadshow, is expected to come in four trims - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional trims. The top-end variants, which are powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine, will come with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the Ambiente and Trend will have the 5-speed manual transmission (MT). The base model of the EcoSport Ambient will lack safety features like ABS and airbags but will have manual air conditioning, manual rear windows and Bluetooth audio system.
According to reports, the EcoSport SUV will be launched in seven colour variants and the interior will come in two colour options - charcoal black + warm neutral gray (offered on all variants except on Titanium (O)) and charcoal black + dark shadow gray (exclusive for the top end Titanium (O) model). The Titanium and Titanium (O) trims will feature Smart Keyless entry and Push Button Start. The SYNC emergency system is exclusive for the top two models of EcoSport. Along with the Sync Emergency technology, the top variants will also have CD/MP3 player and a 3.5-inch multifunction display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon