‘True Blood’ Season Six Spoilers: Major Character Dies + Stephen Moyer On Directing Wife’s Sex Scenes
By Anne Lu | June 14, 2013 5:29 PM EST
Get ready for a heartbreaking season of True Blood as a major character gets killed. The cast of the hit U.S. series have revealed that they couldn't hold their tears from falling upon learning that they would have to say goodbye to a main character.
They've been hinting at it for months, but it didn't seem so real before since it appeared even the actors didn't have a concrete idea about it. But it's real and it's happening, and the cast couldn't even believe it themselves.
"It's heartbreaking," Ryan Kwanten, who plays Jason Stackhouse in the series, confided the said death to eonline.com. "I was actually quite surprised that we had survived as long as we have without any true main cast dying.
"It was tough; even in the table read when we knew that this character was going to go, there were tears galore."
There are a lot of deaths that fans should expect in the new season, but this particular unnamed character's death is expected to tug at the viewers' heartstrings. But in the case of the actors, the demise of their castmate's character was devastating.
"It sucked!" Chris Bauer (Andy Bellefleur) complained. "When you get used to being around somebody and get to know them both as their character and who they are, it's just not fair to see them go."
Joe Manganiello, who plays the werewolf Alcide Herveaux, added, "It's sad. The table read was really sad, heartfelt.
"That person cried. We all clapped, and then in True Blood fashion, we had red velvet cake. When someone dies, they serve red velvet cake. Like, bloody cake, and you eat it ceremoniously, which is kind of what werewolves do."
A clearly emotional Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman) simply described the episode as "very emotional."
Meanwhile, Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton) has no qualms in directing real life wife Anna Paquin's (Sookie Stackhouse) sex scenes on camera. Moyer has directed episodes from the last and the current season.
"When you are directing your wife in a sex scene, you get to do what the writers come up with," he told the Web site at the season six premiere of the programme in Hollywood. "Maybe they're coming up with something you haven't thought of before. You can try things out without it being weird."
While Moyer wasn't uncomfortable about it, his wife's onscreen love interest certainly found it awkward.
"When the first scene came up, I went to [Moyer] and I was like, 'How can I make this easy for you?'" said Robert Kazinsky, who plays Ben Flynn.
"He said, 'Don't! She's great. Just do what you need to do. She'll do what she needs to do and just forget about it.' I was like, 'I'll try.' But it's not easy."
The sixth season of True Blood premieres on June 17 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon