Grey's Anatomy Season 10: Break-ups, Addison Montgomery, and a Happy Alex Karev?
By Arlene Paredes | June 14, 2013 1:11 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 is likely to answer several questions in its first couple of episodes: Which couple breaks up? Will Addison Montgomery pay a visit? Is there a room for forgiveness for the Calzona couple? Will Alex Karev finally have a happy chapter? The answers to these questions will set the mood of the season.
This is not yet the final chapter, series creator Shonda Rhimes said, but it is safe to assume the end is near. At least for the original cast, eh? Grey's Anatomy Season 10 faces the challenge of keeping its audience for an eventual big farewell. So the setting up for big dramatic moments continues.
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 featuring Addison Montgomery?
In previous interviews, Shonda Rhimes said the Grey's Anatomy door was never shut to the character portrayed by Kate Walsh, Addison Montgomery. When the Grey's spin-off Private Practice bid farewell, Rhimes said having Addison back is not impossible.
In fact, in Private Practice, Addison grieved Mark Sloan's death perhaps as much as Derek did. She may even be the only person who can help Derek "forgive" Sloan for dying so soon. Remember the episode in which Derek tells Owen Hunt he's mad at Sloan? The scene is made heavier by the fact that no one really understands what Derek's going through. Not even Callie Torres. Much less, his wife Meredith.
Calzona Divorce, Crowen Break Up, Japril Ending?
At least three Grey's Anatomy couples are on a path to Splitsville. Calzona, the fandom couple name for Callie and Arizona, may need to spend time apart. Divorce could be in the picture to send the message that like marriage, it should not be exclusive to heterosexuals. But will Calzona go through it? They always forgive each other. They are likely to survive the superstorm incident.
Crowen, however, may be done. Really, really done. Cristina and Owen have tried marriage, divorce and post-divorce romance. They've tried to forgive, move on, do better. But at the end of the day, they are on opposite ends when it comes to how they want to spend the rest of their lives.
As for Japril, they are somewhere in the middle. Jackson may not be too enthusiastic about cancelling April's engagement with paramedic Matthew. April may have realized how much Jackson means to her a little too late. Or maybe April's question needs a little bit of a journey before it could a real answer.
Alex Karev: The Jolex Happy Ending
At the beginning of Grey's Anatomy Season 10, Alex Karev is ready to leave everything Seattle behind. Meredith is so upset by the fact that he's not even giving a proper goodbye. Slowly, Karev realizes he is family to Meredith. Towards the end of the season, he even shares a bed with Cristina Yang - just to talk about Jo Wilson. This is the best bonding Yang and Karev has had since she almost killed him during a surgery.
Things are finally looking up for Mr Bad Boy Alex Karev. Perhaps Shonda Rhimes is doing this to ruin everything, eventually. Or maybe it's just about time for him to be happy.
Fans have endless arcs and subplots to look forward to in Grey's Anatomy Season 10. Maybe checking Twitter for the cast's tweet could make the long wait easier.
Justin and I got in trouble while shooting in the NICU because we could NOT stop laughing. I was crying I was laughing so hard.
— Jessica Capshaw (@JessicaCapshaw) May 17, 2013
I ❤ the way y'all love GA. I ❤ your passion and investment. I am deeply grateful that it makes you feel things. — Jessica Capshaw (@JessicaCapshaw) May 17, 2013
More 'Grey's Anatomy,' TV Guide Features:
Grey's Anatomy Star Ellen Pompeo Says She 'Hated Medical Shows;' Joins #Selfies Posters on Instagram [READ]
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Spoilers, Comic Con Attendance: Will the 'Mother' Cristin Milioti Attend? [PHOTOS]
Dexter Season 8 Spoilers, Best Final Chapter Teaser: 'The scripts have more curveballs than I've ever read' [READ]
Arrow Season 2: Katie Cassidy Talks Diet, Fitness Routine; Black Canary Costume Sooner or Later? [PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]