Andre Drummond Slam: Watch NBA Player Dunk Over R&B Star Chris Brown [VIDEO]
June 14, 2013 8:31 AM EST
Chris Brown has had a tough few years. After the incident with Rihanna before the Grammys, Brown’s career has not been the same. Can anything else happen to him?
He could get dunked on by an NBA player and have it caught on tape.
Brown was at a Los Angeles gym playing basketball on Wednesday night when Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond showed up to play a pick-up game.
What resulted was sheer hilarity and power from the 6-foot-10, 270-pound Drummond.
Dummond is coming off of his rookie season after playing one season at the University of Connecticut. In his one season at UConn, Drummond averaged 10 points per game a seven rebounds. He averaged 7.9 points per game and 7.6 rebounds in 60 games for the Pistons.
While those numbers seem low, Drummond was considered a project coming out of college. The future however looks bright for Drummond and the Pistons, who recently hired Maurice Cheeks as their new head coach.
The future however may not look as bright for Chris Brown. The Tappahannock, Virginia born artist busted on the scene with hits like “Run It!” and “Yo (Excuse Me Miss)” that was featured on his self-titled debut album in 2005. He was considered a pop star and was reaching heights of stardom at the time with many in the music media dubbing him “the next Michael Jackson.”
In March 2009, Brown and his then-girlfriend Rihanna were involved in an argument that escalated into a physical altercation with Brown hitting Rihanna. She was later photographed with visible facial injuries that required her to go to the hospital. In June of that year, Brown pled guilty to assault and was sentence to community labor, five years’ probation and counseling.
Since that incident, Brown was involved in altercation with rapper Drake and R&B singer Frank Ocean in separate incidents. These incidents, combined with the 2009 assault on Rihanna, damaged Brown’s name and brand.
This brings us to Wednesday and the monstrous dunk that occurred.
Drummond took to Twitter to comment on the dunk and assure Brown fans that it was all a joke.
It was all planned out to, nothing serious just a joke!
— Andre Drummond (@DRE_DRUMMOND_) June 13, 2013
But you must admit it is still funny, joke or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight