Andre Drummond Slam: Watch NBA Player Dunk Over R&B Star Chris Brown [VIDEO]
June 14, 2013 8:31 AM EST
Chris Brown has had a tough few years. After the incident with Rihanna before the Grammys, Brown’s career has not been the same. Can anything else happen to him?
He could get dunked on by an NBA player and have it caught on tape.
Brown was at a Los Angeles gym playing basketball on Wednesday night when Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond showed up to play a pick-up game.
What resulted was sheer hilarity and power from the 6-foot-10, 270-pound Drummond.
Dummond is coming off of his rookie season after playing one season at the University of Connecticut. In his one season at UConn, Drummond averaged 10 points per game a seven rebounds. He averaged 7.9 points per game and 7.6 rebounds in 60 games for the Pistons.
While those numbers seem low, Drummond was considered a project coming out of college. The future however looks bright for Drummond and the Pistons, who recently hired Maurice Cheeks as their new head coach.
The future however may not look as bright for Chris Brown. The Tappahannock, Virginia born artist busted on the scene with hits like “Run It!” and “Yo (Excuse Me Miss)” that was featured on his self-titled debut album in 2005. He was considered a pop star and was reaching heights of stardom at the time with many in the music media dubbing him “the next Michael Jackson.”
In March 2009, Brown and his then-girlfriend Rihanna were involved in an argument that escalated into a physical altercation with Brown hitting Rihanna. She was later photographed with visible facial injuries that required her to go to the hospital. In June of that year, Brown pled guilty to assault and was sentence to community labor, five years’ probation and counseling.
Since that incident, Brown was involved in altercation with rapper Drake and R&B singer Frank Ocean in separate incidents. These incidents, combined with the 2009 assault on Rihanna, damaged Brown’s name and brand.
This brings us to Wednesday and the monstrous dunk that occurred.
Drummond took to Twitter to comment on the dunk and assure Brown fans that it was all a joke.
It was all planned out to, nothing serious just a joke!
— Andre Drummond (@DRE_DRUMMOND_) June 13, 2013
But you must admit it is still funny, joke or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand