Andre Drummond Slam: Watch NBA Player Dunk Over R&B Star Chris Brown [VIDEO]
June 14, 2013 8:31 AM EST
Chris Brown has had a tough few years. After the incident with Rihanna before the Grammys, Brown’s career has not been the same. Can anything else happen to him?
He could get dunked on by an NBA player and have it caught on tape.
Brown was at a Los Angeles gym playing basketball on Wednesday night when Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond showed up to play a pick-up game.
What resulted was sheer hilarity and power from the 6-foot-10, 270-pound Drummond.
Dummond is coming off of his rookie season after playing one season at the University of Connecticut. In his one season at UConn, Drummond averaged 10 points per game a seven rebounds. He averaged 7.9 points per game and 7.6 rebounds in 60 games for the Pistons.
While those numbers seem low, Drummond was considered a project coming out of college. The future however looks bright for Drummond and the Pistons, who recently hired Maurice Cheeks as their new head coach.
The future however may not look as bright for Chris Brown. The Tappahannock, Virginia born artist busted on the scene with hits like “Run It!” and “Yo (Excuse Me Miss)” that was featured on his self-titled debut album in 2005. He was considered a pop star and was reaching heights of stardom at the time with many in the music media dubbing him “the next Michael Jackson.”
In March 2009, Brown and his then-girlfriend Rihanna were involved in an argument that escalated into a physical altercation with Brown hitting Rihanna. She was later photographed with visible facial injuries that required her to go to the hospital. In June of that year, Brown pled guilty to assault and was sentence to community labor, five years’ probation and counseling.
Since that incident, Brown was involved in altercation with rapper Drake and R&B singer Frank Ocean in separate incidents. These incidents, combined with the 2009 assault on Rihanna, damaged Brown’s name and brand.
This brings us to Wednesday and the monstrous dunk that occurred.
Drummond took to Twitter to comment on the dunk and assure Brown fans that it was all a joke.
It was all planned out to, nothing serious just a joke!
— Andre Drummond (@DRE_DRUMMOND_) June 13, 2013
But you must admit it is still funny, joke or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border