Andre Drummond Slam: Watch NBA Player Dunk Over R&B Star Chris Brown [VIDEO]
June 14, 2013 8:31 AM EST
Chris Brown has had a tough few years. After the incident with Rihanna before the Grammys, Brown’s career has not been the same. Can anything else happen to him?
He could get dunked on by an NBA player and have it caught on tape.
Brown was at a Los Angeles gym playing basketball on Wednesday night when Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond showed up to play a pick-up game.
What resulted was sheer hilarity and power from the 6-foot-10, 270-pound Drummond.
Dummond is coming off of his rookie season after playing one season at the University of Connecticut. In his one season at UConn, Drummond averaged 10 points per game a seven rebounds. He averaged 7.9 points per game and 7.6 rebounds in 60 games for the Pistons.
While those numbers seem low, Drummond was considered a project coming out of college. The future however looks bright for Drummond and the Pistons, who recently hired Maurice Cheeks as their new head coach.
The future however may not look as bright for Chris Brown. The Tappahannock, Virginia born artist busted on the scene with hits like “Run It!” and “Yo (Excuse Me Miss)” that was featured on his self-titled debut album in 2005. He was considered a pop star and was reaching heights of stardom at the time with many in the music media dubbing him “the next Michael Jackson.”
In March 2009, Brown and his then-girlfriend Rihanna were involved in an argument that escalated into a physical altercation with Brown hitting Rihanna. She was later photographed with visible facial injuries that required her to go to the hospital. In June of that year, Brown pled guilty to assault and was sentence to community labor, five years’ probation and counseling.
Since that incident, Brown was involved in altercation with rapper Drake and R&B singer Frank Ocean in separate incidents. These incidents, combined with the 2009 assault on Rihanna, damaged Brown’s name and brand.
This brings us to Wednesday and the monstrous dunk that occurred.
Drummond took to Twitter to comment on the dunk and assure Brown fans that it was all a joke.
It was all planned out to, nothing serious just a joke!
— Andre Drummond (@DRE_DRUMMOND_) June 13, 2013
But you must admit it is still funny, joke or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time