Heat – Spurs Game 4: Where To Watch Free Online Stream, Prediction, Point Spread, And Preview; LeBron James May Start At Center Thursday [2013 NBA Finals]
June 14, 2013 6:48 AM EST
A 36-point blowout in Game Three and the danger of falling behind 3-1 has Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra tinkering with his lineup, and the results could put LeBron James at center.
According to a report from ESPN, the Heat could insert hot-shooting guard Mike Miller into the starting lineup in place of Udonis Haslem in Thursday night’s Game Four of the NBA Finals, hoping the switch will jump start Miami’s offense. The move could also open up lanes for James and slashing guard Dwyane Wade. Led by Tim Duncan, the Spurs have completely clogged the paint, pressing the defending champions to take more jumpshots.
Miller has gone 10-for-11 from 3-point range in the first three games of the series, and his presence could force San Antonio out of the middle. Limited by injuries, Miller averaged 4.8 points during the regular season and hadn't made dent in these playoffs until the Finals.
Miami are at risk of falling behind 3-1 in the seven game series, with one more game left in San Antonio, and a shakeup in the starting lineup could be just the remedy.
The Heat will need a serious jolt of offense if the Spurs get hot from deep like they did in Game Three. San Antonio is up 2-1 in the series thanks to Danny Green and Gary Neal totaling 51 points off 13 three-pointers in the 113-77 drubbing. Duncan had 12 points and 14 rebounds, and forward Kawhi Leonard continued his strong Finals debut with 14 points and 12 rebounds. The Spurs set a new Finals record with 16 three-pointers.
James had 15 points on 7-for-21 shooting, with no trips to the foul line. Miller did manage to come off the bench and knock down all five of his three-point attempts for 15 points.
The Spurs put together such an amazing offensive display without Tony Parker for much of the second half. Parker injured his right hamstring with about five minutes left in the third quarter, and an MRI taken Wednesday revealed a slight tear.
The 31-year-old said earlier Thursday that he is a go for Game Four, but he may not be at 100 percent. Neal, veteran Manu Ginobili, and reserve Cory Joseph would be head coach Gregg Popovich's go-to replacements for Parker should the French native show any more signs of injury.
James would play center on defense against Duncan, which would appear to be a mismatch if it weren’t for the versatile MVP’s incredible shot-blocking abilities and 250-pound frame. Haslem has done a serviceable job guarding Duncan, but his seven total points in the series aren’t exactly forcing the future Hall of Fame big man to hustle on the defensive end.
Tonight many will point out the most famous example of a guard/swing man taking over down low in Finals history. Los Angeles Lakers legend Magic Johnson took over center duties for the injured Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in Game Six of the 1980 NBA Finals, and tallied 42 points, 15 rebounds, and seven assists. The Lakers triumphed 123-107 in the deciding game. And Johnson was a rookie.
The game will be broadcast by ABC beginning at 9 p.m. Eastern, or watch a live online stream at Watch ESPN here.
Point Spread: Miami is favored by 1 point.
Over/Under: 187 points
Prediction: Miami 100, San Antonio 94
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch