Infosys, after founder's return, hikes pay across the board
June 13, 2013 9:00 PM EST
Infosys, India's second-largest software services provider, announced pay increases for all eligible staff, in its first concrete step made public after the return of founder Narayana Murthy to an executive role.
Eleven years after he was last CEO of Infosys, Murthy returned as executive chairman on June 1.
He faces the challenge of steering the company to stronger growth after two years of disappointing results that saw Infosys, once Indian IT's bellwether, lose market share to rivals such as Tata Consultancy Services and U.S.-based Cognizant Technology Solutions.
The pay increase will be effective July 1 for most staff, while the company's global sales force will see increases effective May 1, the company said.
(Reporting By Harichandan Arakali; Editing by Sunil Nair)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies