Pre-Market Movers (Safeway, DRDGOLD, Men's Wearhouse, Research In Motion, Vanda Pharma, J.C. Penney, QUALCOMM, Siemens)
June 13, 2013 8:57 PM EST
Safeway Inc, DRDGOLD, Men's Wearhouse, Research In Motion, Vanda Pharmaceuticals, J.C. Penney, QUALCOMM Inc and Siemens AG are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading on Thursday.
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) stock shot up 23.32 percent to $28.50 in pre-market trading. The company announced on Wednesday that it has entered into an agreement to sell its Canadian operations through a sale of the net assets of Canada Safeway Ltd. to Sobeys Inc for C$5.8 billion in cash.
DRDGOLD Ltd. (NYSE:DRD) stock surged 5.17 percent to $6.31 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $5.05, a 52-week high of $8.59 and $227.51 million in market capitalization.
Men's Wearhouse Inc. (NYSE:MW) stock gained 3.96 percent to $37.00 in pre-market trading. The company reported first quarter net profit of $33.1 million or $0.65 a share, up from $26.9 million or $0.52 a share in the same period last year and topped Reuters' forecast of a profit of $0.55 a share for the quarter.
Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock advanced 1.92 percent to $13.82 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $6.22, a 52-week high of $18.32 and $7.11 billion in market capitalization.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:VNDA) stock rose 1 percent to $13.13 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $2.92, a 52-week high of $13.30 and $368.51 million in market capitalization.
J.C. Penney Co, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) stock fell 1.24 percent to $17.58 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $13.55, a 52-week high of $32.55 and $3.91 billion in market capitalization.
QUALCOMM Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM) stock declined 1 percent to $60.50 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $53.09, a 52-week high of $68.50 and $105.59 billion in market capitalization.
Siemens AG (NYSE:SI) stock slipped less than 1 percent to $105.33 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $77.88, a 52-week high of $113.16 and $89.77 billion in market capitalization.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff