Pre-Market Movers (Safeway, DRDGOLD, Men's Wearhouse, Research In Motion, Vanda Pharma, J.C. Penney, QUALCOMM, Siemens)
June 13, 2013 8:57 PM EST
Safeway Inc, DRDGOLD, Men's Wearhouse, Research In Motion, Vanda Pharmaceuticals, J.C. Penney, QUALCOMM Inc and Siemens AG are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading on Thursday.
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) stock shot up 23.32 percent to $28.50 in pre-market trading. The company announced on Wednesday that it has entered into an agreement to sell its Canadian operations through a sale of the net assets of Canada Safeway Ltd. to Sobeys Inc for C$5.8 billion in cash.
DRDGOLD Ltd. (NYSE:DRD) stock surged 5.17 percent to $6.31 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $5.05, a 52-week high of $8.59 and $227.51 million in market capitalization.
Men's Wearhouse Inc. (NYSE:MW) stock gained 3.96 percent to $37.00 in pre-market trading. The company reported first quarter net profit of $33.1 million or $0.65 a share, up from $26.9 million or $0.52 a share in the same period last year and topped Reuters' forecast of a profit of $0.55 a share for the quarter.
Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock advanced 1.92 percent to $13.82 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $6.22, a 52-week high of $18.32 and $7.11 billion in market capitalization.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:VNDA) stock rose 1 percent to $13.13 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $2.92, a 52-week high of $13.30 and $368.51 million in market capitalization.
J.C. Penney Co, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) stock fell 1.24 percent to $17.58 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $13.55, a 52-week high of $32.55 and $3.91 billion in market capitalization.
QUALCOMM Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM) stock declined 1 percent to $60.50 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $53.09, a 52-week high of $68.50 and $105.59 billion in market capitalization.
Siemens AG (NYSE:SI) stock slipped less than 1 percent to $105.33 in pre-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $77.88, a 52-week high of $113.16 and $89.77 billion in market capitalization.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June