Hillary Rodham Clinton Twitter Account Gets 408,558 Followers; Hints on Running for Presidency
By Athena Yenko | June 12, 2013 2:46 PM EST
Hillary Rodham Clinton, former first lady and now Secretary of State had finally joined Twitter.
In her twitter account, she fondly described herself as "Wife, mom, lawyer, women & kids advocate, FLOAR, FLOTUS, US Senator, SecState, author, dog owner, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, glass ceiling cracker, TBD." It was amusing to note that she described herself in such a bubbly mood.
The somewhat quirky information she wrote about herself seemingly contradicts the profile picture she chose for her account. The picture showed her in a stiff posture, wearing her dark sunglasses and reading something from her Blackberry. She was riding on a military plane as she served as the wing-man for President Barrack Obama.
On her first Tweet, she called on fellow Twitter users Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe, founder of "Texts from Hillary". She implied that since she is in Twitter now, she will come up of her own "texts" from now on:
To date Ms. Hillary Clinton already had 408,558 Twitter followers. And guess who her first two followers were? No other than Mr. bill Clinton and daughter Chelsea Clinton:
Does @twitter have a family share plan? Great to be here with @hillaryclinton & @chelseaclinton. Looking forward to #tweetsfromhillary. — Bill Clinton (@billclinton) June 10, 2013
— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) June 10, 2013
Mr. Bill Clinton and Chelsea were not the only ones to warmly welcome Ms. Hillary Clinton to Twitter. Amusingly, President Obama gave her a shout out saying he "happy to welcome" his former Secretary of State to Twitter finally.
Happy to welcome @hillaryclinton to Twitter. Stay tuned for the real #TweetsFromHillary. — Barack Obama (@BarackObama) June 10, 2013
Also former colleague in the Senate, Chuck Schumer also gave a shout-out to "another great NYer" and former Obama adviser David Axelrod and Sen. Henry Reid extended warm welcomes to the newest Twitter member among the "peers."
It looked like even the other "peers" joined Ms. Hillary Clinton's peers in welcoming her to Twitter. Sen. John McCain and republican National Committee, Sean Spicer gave their warm welcomes too.
Welcoming another great NYer to twitter, @hillaryclinton!
— Chuck Schumer (@ChuckSchumer) June 10, 2013
Welcome to Twitter @hillaryclinton! — John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) June 10, 2013
On a serious note, the "TBD" (to be determined) sparked suspicion that Ms. Hillary Clinton hinted on her plan of running for presidency come the election.
It was to be recalled that Warren Buffet, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway in an interview with CNN in November of last year said that he is vouching for Hillary Clinton as the next president of United States. "I hope it's Hillary Rodham Clinton. I like what she believes in. I think she's extraordinarily able and energetic for that matter in publishing those beliefs. I don't see how you could have anybody better qualified."
Now, with her Twitter account all set-up, rumor had it that she is mimicking President Obama's strategy during his re-election campaign where he called on to his million followers to support him once again.
Another issue that sparked rumors of Ms. Hillary Clinton's plan of running for president is her upcoming biopic to be entitled "Rodham". The said biopic is to be directed by Juames Ponsoldt. The story tackles Ms. Hillary Clinton's younger years serving as a lawyer and being married to Bill Clinton.
Famous celebrities being chosen to play her role are Carey Mulligans, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Amanda Seyfried, Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain.
However, spokesman for Ms. Hillary Clinton, Philippe Reines, denied that she has plan of running for president. As for the TBD, he explained that "She had to sum up the rest of her life in 3 letters. And TBD (to be determined) just made sense."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Canada Claims Good Progress in EU Trade Pact Despite Germany’s Defiant Postures
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell