'Glee' Star Jane Lynch And Wife To Divorce After Three Years Of Marriage
June 12, 2013 12:02 PM EST
"Glee" star Jane Lynch and her wife, Dr. Lara Embry, are getting divorced after three years of marriage.
“Lara and I have decided to end our marriage. This has been a difficult decision for us as we care very deeply about one another. We ask for privacy as we deal with this family matter,” Lynch told People magazine in a statement.
According to People, the celebrated actress and comedian first met Embry at a fundraiser in San Francisco in 2009. They announced their engagement in April 2010 before getting married in a small, private ceremony on Memorial Day at the Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland, Mass.
“We’ve taken on everything in our first year of marriage," Lynch told Vogue in 2011. “Moving. I gained a daughter. We renovated a house -- and writing a book. I mean, talk about learning about your wife!”
As TMZ points out, Lynch and Embry, a clinical psychologist, are both residents of California, where same-sex marriage is not legal. However, the state does recognize same-sex marriage from other states where it is legal, such as Massachusetts.
TMZ also noted that California is a community property state, which means that anything acquired by the couple during their three-year marriage must be divided evenly. Sources told the gossip website that Lynch and Embry did not have a prenuptial agreement.
Lynch, a 30-year veteran of film, television, and theater, first gained national attention for her scene-stealing performance in 2005’s “The Forty-Year Old Virgin.” She went on to nab recurring roles in TV shows such as “Two and a Half Men” and “The L Word,” as well as films like “Talladega Nights,” “Role Models” and others, before scoring her biggest role to date, as coach Sue Sylvester in the Fox comedy “Glee.” Lynch has raked in the accolades for her performance on the show, winning an Emmy, a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a People’s Choice Award, and much more.
Lately, Lynch has made her Broadway debut in the revival of “Annie,” playing the role of Miss Hannigan. The limited engagement kicked off on May 14 and runs through July 14.
This past Sunday, Lynch performed the song “Little Girls” from the play at the Tony Awards, to rave reviews.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions