'Glee' Star Jane Lynch And Wife To Divorce After Three Years Of Marriage
June 12, 2013 12:02 PM EST
"Glee" star Jane Lynch and her wife, Dr. Lara Embry, are getting divorced after three years of marriage.
“Lara and I have decided to end our marriage. This has been a difficult decision for us as we care very deeply about one another. We ask for privacy as we deal with this family matter,” Lynch told People magazine in a statement.
According to People, the celebrated actress and comedian first met Embry at a fundraiser in San Francisco in 2009. They announced their engagement in April 2010 before getting married in a small, private ceremony on Memorial Day at the Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland, Mass.
“We’ve taken on everything in our first year of marriage," Lynch told Vogue in 2011. “Moving. I gained a daughter. We renovated a house -- and writing a book. I mean, talk about learning about your wife!”
As TMZ points out, Lynch and Embry, a clinical psychologist, are both residents of California, where same-sex marriage is not legal. However, the state does recognize same-sex marriage from other states where it is legal, such as Massachusetts.
TMZ also noted that California is a community property state, which means that anything acquired by the couple during their three-year marriage must be divided evenly. Sources told the gossip website that Lynch and Embry did not have a prenuptial agreement.
Lynch, a 30-year veteran of film, television, and theater, first gained national attention for her scene-stealing performance in 2005’s “The Forty-Year Old Virgin.” She went on to nab recurring roles in TV shows such as “Two and a Half Men” and “The L Word,” as well as films like “Talladega Nights,” “Role Models” and others, before scoring her biggest role to date, as coach Sue Sylvester in the Fox comedy “Glee.” Lynch has raked in the accolades for her performance on the show, winning an Emmy, a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a People’s Choice Award, and much more.
Lately, Lynch has made her Broadway debut in the revival of “Annie,” playing the role of Miss Hannigan. The limited engagement kicked off on May 14 and runs through July 14.
This past Sunday, Lynch performed the song “Little Girls” from the play at the Tony Awards, to rave reviews.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft