'Glee' Star Jane Lynch And Wife To Divorce After Three Years Of Marriage
June 12, 2013 12:02 PM EST
"Glee" star Jane Lynch and her wife, Dr. Lara Embry, are getting divorced after three years of marriage.
“Lara and I have decided to end our marriage. This has been a difficult decision for us as we care very deeply about one another. We ask for privacy as we deal with this family matter,” Lynch told People magazine in a statement.
According to People, the celebrated actress and comedian first met Embry at a fundraiser in San Francisco in 2009. They announced their engagement in April 2010 before getting married in a small, private ceremony on Memorial Day at the Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland, Mass.
“We’ve taken on everything in our first year of marriage," Lynch told Vogue in 2011. “Moving. I gained a daughter. We renovated a house -- and writing a book. I mean, talk about learning about your wife!”
As TMZ points out, Lynch and Embry, a clinical psychologist, are both residents of California, where same-sex marriage is not legal. However, the state does recognize same-sex marriage from other states where it is legal, such as Massachusetts.
TMZ also noted that California is a community property state, which means that anything acquired by the couple during their three-year marriage must be divided evenly. Sources told the gossip website that Lynch and Embry did not have a prenuptial agreement.
Lynch, a 30-year veteran of film, television, and theater, first gained national attention for her scene-stealing performance in 2005’s “The Forty-Year Old Virgin.” She went on to nab recurring roles in TV shows such as “Two and a Half Men” and “The L Word,” as well as films like “Talladega Nights,” “Role Models” and others, before scoring her biggest role to date, as coach Sue Sylvester in the Fox comedy “Glee.” Lynch has raked in the accolades for her performance on the show, winning an Emmy, a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a People’s Choice Award, and much more.
Lately, Lynch has made her Broadway debut in the revival of “Annie,” playing the role of Miss Hannigan. The limited engagement kicked off on May 14 and runs through July 14.
This past Sunday, Lynch performed the song “Little Girls” from the play at the Tony Awards, to rave reviews.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying