Game of Thrones Season 4: New Cast and Characters, More Jamie Lannister Changes Coming?
By Arlene Paredes | June 11, 2013 3:03 PM EST
Game of Thrones Season 4 faces a huge task of beating the gripping manner by which GoT Season 3 unfolded.
After the demise of Robb Stark, there is a lot of room for new cast and characters. Old characters will be given attention, too. Jamie Lannister, for instance, is a character worthy of high hopes. The viewers would like to see him change from Kingslayer to a Brienne's knight in no shining armour.
Game of Thrones Season 4 casting developments is under way. Filming is set to begin in July, and HBO run is expected around early Q2 2014. In a report on the Tower of the Hand, George R.R. Martin announced three new characters. However, fans know there will be more characters coming in.
"The first new character is Oberyn Martell, who is a prominent member of the Martell family. During "Game of Thrones" Season 2, Tyrion Lannister made a deal with the Martells and sent his niece, Myrcella Baratheon to the Martell stronghold in Dorme for her safety and an arranged marriage to seal their alliance.
Mace Tyrell is the second new addition, who was briefly mentioned earlier in the third season by his mother, Lady Olenna Tyrell; who had nothing flattering to say about him. Mace is the father of Loras and Margaery Tyrell.
Finally, the last confirmed addition is the Magnar of Thenn."
A GOT casting leak tells fans Dutch actor Yorick van Wageningen could play Styr, the Magnar of Thenn. Styr is one of the greatest warriors in the Wilding army under the leadership of the King-Beyond-the-Wall, Mance Rayder.
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jamie Lannister, recently told Access Hollywood he sees some bigger things in store for Jamie next season. What does he think about his characters future relationship with Brienne?
"I don't think he is going to start telling the story of The Mad King to like [people he doesn't trust], like a bit of small talk in a conversation," Nikolaj said. "I'm pretty sure that this was a huge thing for him, and it's definitely gonna change him that he was able to reveal this. But, I also think that it tells the story of the relationship he's formed with Brienne 'cause I don't think he's ever told Cersei this story."
Game of Thrones is a series about family ties - the ones by blood and those the characters pick up and choose along the way. Brienne has become a family of some sort to Jamie. It would be very interesting to see the two interact with Cersei.
More 'Game of Thrones,' Entertainment Features:
Game of Thrones Red Wedding Review, Reactions [NO SPOILERS]: See Funny Videos; Beloved Maisie Williams aka Arya Stark Helps Fans Recover [WATCH]
Game of Thrones Red Wedding Reactions: Haters 'Boycott' HBO; In Defense of George R.R. Martin [READ]
Man of Steel 2013: Henry Cavill Talks Bathroom Breaks on a Suit; Mobile Game Goes on Android June 14 [Watch Superman vs Zod Fight Scene]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2