How Update Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 7, 2013 10:41 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S Duos comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and no known official update yet has been released for the device. Android 4.2.1 update for Galaxy S Duos can only be obtained using CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM to maximise its capabilities.
CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM includes Android 4.2 Jelly Bean features such as Google Now and Project Butter, personalisation options and less bloat ware compared to the stock ROM.
Warning: CyanogenMod 10.1 is a custom ROM. Developers are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your device. Do this at your own risk.
Before flashing the CM10.1, make sure you have fulfilled all requirements below.
- Designed for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. Do not flash this CM10.1 to any other device or suffer unforeseen consequences.
- Create a backup of all your personal information, settings and data files on your Galaxy S Duos.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 70 per cent to avoid power interruption.
- Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy S Duos to flash CM10.1.
- Disable temporarily all antivirus and security software on your computer.
- Uninstall all antivirus apps on your phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy S Duos. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Download and install all USB drivers necessary for your handset. Samsung Kies PC Suite provides USB drivers.
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.1 and Google Apps package on your computer.
1. Connect your Galaxy S Duos to your computer then copy the CyanogenMod custom ROM and the Google Apps package to the phone's external memory. Do not extract any of them.
2. Disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot it into Recovery mode. You can use the ClockworkMod recovery app or turn off the device then press & hold Volume down + Home + Power keys to reboot into Recovery mode.
3. Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of your current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the ROM anytime you desire.
4. Now perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." After that, select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
5. Go back to the main menu and select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card" then choose the CM10.1 you have copied earlier on the external memory. Do the same with the Google Apps package.
6. Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
7. The device will reboot itself and may take up to 5 minutes to reach the home screen.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos is now running Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM.
For any issues or suggestions, send your feedback to the MoboTechie - Samsung Galaxy S Duos main page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE (maincat_id='1' OR maincat_id='2' OR maincat_id='6' OR maincat_id='7' OR maincat_id='9' OR maincat_id='24') AND local_id='0' AND typology_id<'11' AND tid> AND outkey_all='Y' ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 17Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT * FROM table_info WHERE table_name='ib_articles' LIMIT 1Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT id as num FROM ib_articles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5