Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 7, 2013 10:33 AM EST
Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS does not support Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos yet and the device still runs the old Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Samsung hasn't announced any official update such as 4.0 or 4.1 for the said device. But thanks to the efforts of CyanogenMod developers, Galaxy Ace Duos can now be upgrade to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM features Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, customisation system, tweaking capabilities and relatively free of bloat ware.
Warning: CyanogenMod 10.1 is a custom ROM. Developers are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your device. Do this at your own risk.
Before flashing the CM10.1, make sure you have fulfilled all requirements below.
- Designed for Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802. Do not flash this CM10.1 to any other device or suffer unforeseen consequences.
- Create a backup of all your personal information, settings and data files on your Galaxy Ace Duos.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 70 per cent to avoid power interruption.
- Unlock Boot loader and Root your Galaxy Ace Duos to flash CM10.1.
- Disable temporarily all antivirus and security software on your computer.
- Uninstall all antivirus apps on your phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Ace Duos. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Download and install all USB drivers necessary for your handset. Samsung Kies PC Suite provides USB drivers.
- Install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone.
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.1 and Google Apps package on your computer.
1. Connect your Galaxy Ace Duos to your computer and copy the CyanogenMod custom ROM and Google Apps package to its external memory. Do not extract any of them.
2. Disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot it into Recovery mode. Either launch the ClockworkMod or turn the phone, press and hold Volume down + Home + Power keys to reboot into Recovery mode.
3. Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of your current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the ROM anytime you desire.
4. Now perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." After that, select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
5. Go back to the main menu and select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card" then choose the CM10.1 you have copied earlier on the external memory. Confirm its installation. Apple the same with the Google Apps package.
6. Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
7. The device will reboot itself and may take up to 5 minutes to reach the home screen.
Well done! Finally, your Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos runs Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM.
If you have comments, issues or suggestions, send your feedback to the Android Nectar - Galaxy Ace Duos main page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine