Heat – Spurs Game 1: Where To Watch Free Online Stream; Prediction, Point Spread, And Preview [2013 NBA Finals]
June 7, 2013 7:32 AM EST
The stage has been set for an NBA Finals featuring the game’s biggest superstar and the most spotlight feigning champions in the league’s history.
Miami Heat forward and league MVP LeBron James leads his club against Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and the San Antonio Spurs Thursday night at American Airlines Arena in Game One.
It is a rematch of sorts, with James hell-bent on crushing the team that denied him in his first championship attempt in 2007 when his then-Cleveland Cavaliers were swept in four games by San Antonio and an in-his-prime Duncan.
It was the fourth and last title for Duncan and the Spurs, as he averaged 18.3 points and 11.5 rebounds while James struggled to get his teammates involved. However, it was Parker who made the biggest different in that series, picking up the lone Finals MVP of his 12-year career.
Six years later and James has not only found a better supporting cast, but already possesses a world championship, and has no intention of losing ground once again to the Spurs.
Duncan and James could cancel their production out, placing more pressure on Parker and the other two-thirds of Miami's Big Three in Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh
Parker is now the considered the best Spur on the floor, taking the reins from Duncan as he’s led the club in points and assists in the regular season and playoffs. Guarding the France native may be the key to the series for Miami, as Parker punished the Lakers, Warriors, and Grizzlies in the first three rounds for 23 points and 7.2 assists a game.
Wade and Bosh have had a far less successful playoffs, and slipped down a peg after largely failing to find their offense against Indiana in the conference finals round. To their credit, Wade has dealt with knee injuries all season, and Bosh tweaked in ankle against the Pacers.
Bosh averaged a career low in rebounds during the regular season, and matching up against Duncan could continue those woes in the series. As proved by the double-double he averaged in all four of Miami’s victories over the Oklahoma City Thunder in last year’s Finals, the Heat will need solid production down low from Bosh in order to repeat as champions.
Both teams will also try to control the three-point line, with San Antonio ranked second behind the arc at 36 percent, and Miami third at 35 percent during the playoffs.
The game tips-off at 9 p.m. Eastern and will be broadcast ABC, or watch a live online stream on ESPN 3 here.
Point Spread: Miami is favored by 5 points
Over/Under: 189 points
Prediction: The Pacers strategy in the conference finals was to let James go off, but keep his teammates in check. The Spurs could employ the same game plan, meaning Wade and Bosh will have to knock down shots early to keep all double-teams away from James. Both benches will also play a huge role, including Miami’s Shane Battier and Chris Andersen, along with San Antonio’s Tiago Splitter and Gary Neal. The Spurs will strike the first blow, but the game will be tight throughout.
Predicted Score: San Antonio 92, Miami 88
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports