Amy’s Baking Company Owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo to Star In Own Reality Show
By Anne Lu | May 31, 2013 1:20 PM EST
They can’t refute their already negative reputation so they might as well capitalise on it. Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, the infamous owners of the Scottsdale, Arizona restaurant Amy’s Baking Company, want to star in their own reality show. And it looks like that they already have several offers.
After their disastrous appearance on the U.S. Fox TV show “Kitchen Nightmares” with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, the Bouzaglos think that starring in their own reality TV programme can help flailing business to survive.
They are apparently entertaining several offers from production companies, hoping that they would be able to sign the best deal, according to RadarOnline.com.
“Right now Cineflex is the most serious production company trying to secure Amy and Samy. They want to develop a show around their restaurant and their bad behaviour,” according to the Web site’s source.
“Amy and Samy are all for it because they feel like it’s the only way to keep their restaurant open.”
The couple won’t sign yet, however, until they see all offers on the table.
“But no doubt, you will be seeing Amy and Samy on TV again sometime in the future. They need to generate money and publicity to keep their business going, otherwise customers just dropping in because of their Kitchen Nightmares appearance will fizzle and their restaurant will go under.”
Amy and Samy didn’t have a good reputation as restaurateurs to begin with. They had overwhelming negative reviews on YELP and on their Facebook page so they signed up with Fox to appear on Ramsay’s programme. They needed a world-class chef to disprove the negative reviews that they got.
But their appearance on the show only aggravated their reputation. They managed to anger not only Ramsay on the show, but also its millions of viewers around the world. Viewers saw how they cheated their food servers of tips, yelled at customers who complained about their food, called cops on customers who asked what’s taking their orders long, fired an employee for daring to ask Amy a question, and insulted Ramsay after he criticised Amy’s cooking and their service.
It did not help that Amy and Samy attacked their critics online, calling posters on Facebook and YELP vile names and threatening to call the cops on them. They later claimed that their page was hacked.
To help clean up their image, their hired a PR firm, which told them to stage a grand re-launching week of their restaurant. However, according to various reports, the week was met with little fanfare, contrary to the claim of their PR firm that they had received thousands of reservations.
Watch the full episode of the Bouzaglos’ appearance on Kitchen Nightmares:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border