Amy’s Baking Company Owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo to Star In Own Reality Show
By Anne Lu | May 31, 2013 1:20 PM EST
They can’t refute their already negative reputation so they might as well capitalise on it. Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, the infamous owners of the Scottsdale, Arizona restaurant Amy’s Baking Company, want to star in their own reality show. And it looks like that they already have several offers.
After their disastrous appearance on the U.S. Fox TV show “Kitchen Nightmares” with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, the Bouzaglos think that starring in their own reality TV programme can help flailing business to survive.
They are apparently entertaining several offers from production companies, hoping that they would be able to sign the best deal, according to RadarOnline.com.
“Right now Cineflex is the most serious production company trying to secure Amy and Samy. They want to develop a show around their restaurant and their bad behaviour,” according to the Web site’s source.
“Amy and Samy are all for it because they feel like it’s the only way to keep their restaurant open.”
The couple won’t sign yet, however, until they see all offers on the table.
“But no doubt, you will be seeing Amy and Samy on TV again sometime in the future. They need to generate money and publicity to keep their business going, otherwise customers just dropping in because of their Kitchen Nightmares appearance will fizzle and their restaurant will go under.”
Amy and Samy didn’t have a good reputation as restaurateurs to begin with. They had overwhelming negative reviews on YELP and on their Facebook page so they signed up with Fox to appear on Ramsay’s programme. They needed a world-class chef to disprove the negative reviews that they got.
But their appearance on the show only aggravated their reputation. They managed to anger not only Ramsay on the show, but also its millions of viewers around the world. Viewers saw how they cheated their food servers of tips, yelled at customers who complained about their food, called cops on customers who asked what’s taking their orders long, fired an employee for daring to ask Amy a question, and insulted Ramsay after he criticised Amy’s cooking and their service.
It did not help that Amy and Samy attacked their critics online, calling posters on Facebook and YELP vile names and threatening to call the cops on them. They later claimed that their page was hacked.
To help clean up their image, their hired a PR firm, which told them to stage a grand re-launching week of their restaurant. However, according to various reports, the week was met with little fanfare, contrary to the claim of their PR firm that they had received thousands of reservations.
Watch the full episode of the Bouzaglos’ appearance on Kitchen Nightmares:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu