Inverse Head and Shoulders (Forex Education)
By Roger Baettig | August 31, 2010 1:02 AM EST
An inverse Head and Shoulders pattern is a reversal pattern and for the pattern to be reliable, it should occur in a downtrend. A downtrend is reversed at the left shoulder and buyers drive prices back up to the neckline. Sellers then push prices down to the head and buyers drive prices back to the neckline again. Any sellers who are remaining are only able to push prices back to the right shoulder before buyers step in and drive prices through the neckline.
Trading the pattern: The neckline of this pattern can be determined by drawing a trend line through the highest high of the left shoulder and the head. Traders should watch how prices at the right shoulder react to the neckline. Should prices push through the neckline and close above that level, it is a signal for bullish entry. Conservative traders who want to avoid getting in on a false breakout can wait to enter long on the retest of the neckline, if prices cannot close below the neckline, traders can look to enter long.
Measuring the move: The distance between the price at the head and the neckline is marked A. A is then added to the confirmation line after the break out, what this means is that an upward price movement from the breakout point the height of the pattern can be expected.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories