Spielberg & Halo TV, Halo Bootcamp Release Date & Hint at Halo 5?
By Gilda Galang | May 28, 2013 11:54 AM EST
Following an accidental leak by the Korean Game Rating Board, it seems that gamers now have a hint of what they can look forward to at the E3 2013 when it comes to Microsoft's presentation at the event.
The reported Halo: Bootcamp may find its way on the headlines after the June E3 2013 event.
However, it does not look like anything that can be played or experienced with the Xbox One--an amazing notion considering the many features that Microsoft has packed the console with--but it does seem like a project that Microsoft will keep close to the vest.
"What's Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we're very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future," said a Microsoft rep in a statement quoted by Computer and Video Games.
In the quote, what can be seen is the very obvious nod to the efforts that Microsoft is putting on the second Halo trilogy, presumably one that features the much-anticipated Halo 5.
Of course, the Halo Bootcamp issue does not stop there, as speculations have started to arise immediately after the confirmation of it being a legitimate project. According to iDigital Times, a translation of the listing has said the project may be a free-to-play MOBA that features a third-person point of view gameplay.
This fueled more speculation, with reports of a potential Facebook game, a Halo 3 PC port, and even a tie-up title for a potential secret game that Microsoft will reveal at the E3 2013. The timing of the leak could also be a nod the reported Halo TV series that has put Steven Spielberg at its helm.
This only heightens the anticipation for the E3 2013, which will, hopefully, reveal more about the Halo Bootcamp project.
Spielberg, Jackson, and Halo
Speaking of the Halo TV series, before there had even been plans for Spielberg to be at the forefront of the production, Peter Jackson had been at the helm of what said could have been an Avatar-level movie.
In an interview with Forbes, it was revealed that Peter Jackson, the name behind The Lord of the Rings, had already been on board as the producer. But things went south when costs ballooned, as well as Microsoft's need to get a huge chunk of the money.
"Microsoft's unwillingness to reduce their deal killed the deal," said CAA executive Larry Shapiro in a previous interview quoted by Forbes. "Their unwillingness to reduce their gross in the deal meant it got too top-heavy. That movie could have been 'Avatar.'"
Now that Spielberg is on board and Microsoft retains the majority of the control over the project, the company got what it wanted, with the only thing left being the success of the series. Hopefully, it will prove to be the best move for Microsoft.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate