Spielberg & Halo TV, Halo Bootcamp Release Date & Hint at Halo 5?
By Gilda Galang | May 28, 2013 11:54 AM EST
Following an accidental leak by the Korean Game Rating Board, it seems that gamers now have a hint of what they can look forward to at the E3 2013 when it comes to Microsoft's presentation at the event.
The reported Halo: Bootcamp may find its way on the headlines after the June E3 2013 event.
However, it does not look like anything that can be played or experienced with the Xbox One--an amazing notion considering the many features that Microsoft has packed the console with--but it does seem like a project that Microsoft will keep close to the vest.
"What's Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we're very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future," said a Microsoft rep in a statement quoted by Computer and Video Games.
In the quote, what can be seen is the very obvious nod to the efforts that Microsoft is putting on the second Halo trilogy, presumably one that features the much-anticipated Halo 5.
Of course, the Halo Bootcamp issue does not stop there, as speculations have started to arise immediately after the confirmation of it being a legitimate project. According to iDigital Times, a translation of the listing has said the project may be a free-to-play MOBA that features a third-person point of view gameplay.
This fueled more speculation, with reports of a potential Facebook game, a Halo 3 PC port, and even a tie-up title for a potential secret game that Microsoft will reveal at the E3 2013. The timing of the leak could also be a nod the reported Halo TV series that has put Steven Spielberg at its helm.
This only heightens the anticipation for the E3 2013, which will, hopefully, reveal more about the Halo Bootcamp project.
Spielberg, Jackson, and Halo
Speaking of the Halo TV series, before there had even been plans for Spielberg to be at the forefront of the production, Peter Jackson had been at the helm of what said could have been an Avatar-level movie.
In an interview with Forbes, it was revealed that Peter Jackson, the name behind The Lord of the Rings, had already been on board as the producer. But things went south when costs ballooned, as well as Microsoft's need to get a huge chunk of the money.
"Microsoft's unwillingness to reduce their deal killed the deal," said CAA executive Larry Shapiro in a previous interview quoted by Forbes. "Their unwillingness to reduce their gross in the deal meant it got too top-heavy. That movie could have been 'Avatar.'"
Now that Spielberg is on board and Microsoft retains the majority of the control over the project, the company got what it wanted, with the only thing left being the success of the series. Hopefully, it will prove to be the best move for Microsoft.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6