Spielberg & Halo TV, Halo Bootcamp Release Date & Hint at Halo 5?
By Gilda Galang | May 28, 2013 11:54 AM EST
Following an accidental leak by the Korean Game Rating Board, it seems that gamers now have a hint of what they can look forward to at the E3 2013 when it comes to Microsoft's presentation at the event.
The reported Halo: Bootcamp may find its way on the headlines after the June E3 2013 event.
However, it does not look like anything that can be played or experienced with the Xbox One--an amazing notion considering the many features that Microsoft has packed the console with--but it does seem like a project that Microsoft will keep close to the vest.
"What's Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we're very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future," said a Microsoft rep in a statement quoted by Computer and Video Games.
In the quote, what can be seen is the very obvious nod to the efforts that Microsoft is putting on the second Halo trilogy, presumably one that features the much-anticipated Halo 5.
Of course, the Halo Bootcamp issue does not stop there, as speculations have started to arise immediately after the confirmation of it being a legitimate project. According to iDigital Times, a translation of the listing has said the project may be a free-to-play MOBA that features a third-person point of view gameplay.
This fueled more speculation, with reports of a potential Facebook game, a Halo 3 PC port, and even a tie-up title for a potential secret game that Microsoft will reveal at the E3 2013. The timing of the leak could also be a nod the reported Halo TV series that has put Steven Spielberg at its helm.
This only heightens the anticipation for the E3 2013, which will, hopefully, reveal more about the Halo Bootcamp project.
Spielberg, Jackson, and Halo
Speaking of the Halo TV series, before there had even been plans for Spielberg to be at the forefront of the production, Peter Jackson had been at the helm of what said could have been an Avatar-level movie.
In an interview with Forbes, it was revealed that Peter Jackson, the name behind The Lord of the Rings, had already been on board as the producer. But things went south when costs ballooned, as well as Microsoft's need to get a huge chunk of the money.
"Microsoft's unwillingness to reduce their deal killed the deal," said CAA executive Larry Shapiro in a previous interview quoted by Forbes. "Their unwillingness to reduce their gross in the deal meant it got too top-heavy. That movie could have been 'Avatar.'"
Now that Spielberg is on board and Microsoft retains the majority of the control over the project, the company got what it wanted, with the only thing left being the success of the series. Hopefully, it will prove to be the best move for Microsoft.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family