The Voice Australia 2013 Live Finals: Harrison Craig, Celia Pavey or Jackie Sannia as Season 2 Winner? Three Weeks Left! [PHOTOS]
By Arlene Paredes | May 28, 2013 11:15 AM EST
The Voice Australia 2013 has three weeks left before the Season 2 winner is crowned. Who will be this year's winner - Harrison Craig, Celia Pavey or Jackie Sannia?
Team Ricky Martin contestants were the first to hear the public verdict on The Voice 2013 Live Finals (Round 2) Monday night. Miss Murphy and Simon Meli are in. Bye for now, Caterina Torres.
Luke Kennedy performed George Michael's "Freedom." Is he better at pop than opera? The voting audience will decide.
Team Delta Goodrem learned their The Voice fate. Celia Pavey and Jackie Sannia are in, and Tim Morrison headed home. Incidentally, Delta delivered an enchanting number with Indigenous Australian musician Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu.
Steve Clisby took the stage for his version of the "New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel. The judges were once again swept away. Delta said she and Steve "have a beautiful kindred musical spirit."
Team Seal did not choose to save Jac Stone last week (Seal chose Alex Gibson), so now she has to go. Early favorites Harrison Craig and Mitchell Anderson are in.
Alex Gibson was about to prove Seal was right to save him a week ago. But Seal's choice of song, The Temper Trap's "Sweet Disposition," did not sound like the right material for him. Seal himself noticed.
Team Joel Madden is keeping Michael Stangel and Kiyomi Vella. Michael Paynter was sent home. Danny Ross took on Neil Young's "Old Man," and the judges got a bit emotional. It was a fairly decent number.
The Voice 2013 Top 12 has been revealed. For a quick look, these are the 12 vying for public votes to stay in the competition: Miss Murphy, Simon Meli, Luke Kennedy (Team Ricky); Celia Pavey, Jackie Sannia, Steve Clisby (Team Delta); Harrison Craig, Mitchell Anderson, Alex Gibson (Team Seal); and Michael Stangel, Kiyomi Vella, and Danny Ross (Team Joel).
Those who were saved by public votes performed, too. Some of the best The Voice numbers came from early favorites Harrison Craig ("It Had Better Be Tonight"), Celia Pavey ("Edelweiss") and Jackie Sannia ("Smoke"). Each of these three delivered a number that gives the audience an idea of how their respective album would sound like. That said, whose voice will reign in next week's results?
More 'The Voice 2013' Features:
The Voice Australia 2013 Live Finals Songs: Harrison Craig is Clear Frontrunner -- Who else will the Aussies vote for? [READ]
The Voice Australia 2013: Results In; iTunes Topper Luke Kennedy among Aussie Voters' Favourites [READ]
The Voice Australia 2013, Final 'Showdowns:' Team Delta's Celia Pavey, Team Joel's Lyric McFarland, Both Going Through? [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June