Isabella Cruise To Abandon Dad Tom Cruise For Mum Nicole Kidman
By Anne Lu | May 27, 2013 4:39 PM EST
Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's adopted daughter Isabella Cruise is reportedly leaving Scientology. She is now spending more time with Nicole, who was reportedly forbidden to contact Isabella and her other adopted son Connor when she split from Tom in 2000.
Earlier this year, Isabella's boyfriend Eddie Frencher left Scientology's highest order, known as the Sea Org. Apparently, anyone who left their organisation is shunned by the remaining members.
This leaves Isabella at an awkward position because it is almost certain that her dad would shun her boyfriend, and would order her to do so.
And if the time comes that she is asked to choose, it would seem that she would abandon her "Top Gun" star dad, who is a staunch supporter of Scientology, to be with Frencher. After all, she has apparently already reconnected with her other parent.
Celebdirtylaundry.com has quoted the June print edition of Globe, in which the paper said that Isabella has been spending quality time with her A-list mum and her two half-sisters, 4-year-old Sunday Rose and 3-year-old Faith Margaret. She has also been going to the studio with Keith Urban, Nicole's country superstar husband.
Various reports have claimed that Nicole also received the same treatment from Scientologists when Tom divorced her. She was shun by the religion, and was allegedly threatened not to contact her children with Tom.
Last year, Isabella, 20, opened up in a rare interview with New Idea, denying that she wasn't on speaking terms with Nicole.
"I love my mom. She's my mom. She's great. I see her sometimes and I speak to her. We're a very close family. I love all of our family."
If the report is indeed true and Isabella decides to cut ties with Scientology, then Tom would suffer another loss. His last wife, Katie Holmes, filed divorce from her last year, taking their 7-year-old daughter Suri with her.
Katie, who is Catholic like Nicole, is now raising Suri in her religion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys