Bob Saget Fumes at ‘Boy Meets World' Star Danielle Fishel
By Anne Lu | May 27, 2013 1:27 PM EST
It's the war of the '90s sitcom stars, which fortunately ended too abruptly. "Full House" star Bob Saget has compared the diminutive "Boy Meets World" actress Danielle Fishel to Bilbo Baggins after she revealed a drug-related incident with the older actor.
For the April issue of Maxim magazine, the 32-year-old actress, who famously played Topanga in the defunct sitcom, posed for a sexy photo shoot and revealed some juicy bits about some stars that she encountered.
One of those stars was Saget. She recalled that while she was on a private jet to Disney World with the rest of the stars of the U.S. ABC network's sitcoms, Saget surprised her and her family with a shocking question.
"We were trying to take a nap, and all of a sudden Bob Saget walks down the aisle, rips open our curtain, and shouts, 'Do you guys have any coke?!' Then he looks my dad in the eye, laughs, and closes the curtain."
Saget didn't deny the incident, but he was fuming mad at Fishel for apparently failing to recognise the humour in the situation. He also took it a step further by insulting Fishel's looks.
"What show was she on? Big Chest, Small Wonder?" he told the men's magazine in a new interview. "That the real size of her, but the way. She's kind of like Bilbo Baggins, very tiny.
"So first off, I don't open curtains. That was a lie, because I just don't that. I knock on things. Also, there weren't separate compartments on the plane.
Anyway, the whole thing was as simple as me going to the restroom and throwing out a one-liner. I was always making jokes; that's what I did. Yes, it did have a drug reference in it, but the joke was that her parents should protect this kid who was starring in a television show.
It was just a funny thing, like a satiric moment of, 'What are we doing with our kids?' I wouldn't expect someone to understand it if they don't get that kind of humour.
"How old is that girl now anyway? Isn't she like 60? I don't know how old she was when she did the show, but I'll always tell the judge she was 18," the 57-year-old actor said.
Apparently, Saget seethed for nothing. Fishel knew it was a joke even at that time, but the men's magazine decided to leave that part out.
"@pjcarone @MaximMag maybe you should have printed what I said at the end 'we knew he was joking. It was funny.' He didn't pick up on that," she Tweeted.
Saget only replied, "TGIF @daniellefishel," to Fishel's "Well @bobsaget and I are following each other now. I think this means we're mature? That can't be right. #TGIFamily"
It's not much of an apology for insulting his colleague, but just a simple acknowledgment. At least Fishel did not seem to mind.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage