Bob Saget Fumes at ‘Boy Meets World' Star Danielle Fishel
By Anne Lu | May 27, 2013 1:27 PM EST
It's the war of the '90s sitcom stars, which fortunately ended too abruptly. "Full House" star Bob Saget has compared the diminutive "Boy Meets World" actress Danielle Fishel to Bilbo Baggins after she revealed a drug-related incident with the older actor.
For the April issue of Maxim magazine, the 32-year-old actress, who famously played Topanga in the defunct sitcom, posed for a sexy photo shoot and revealed some juicy bits about some stars that she encountered.
One of those stars was Saget. She recalled that while she was on a private jet to Disney World with the rest of the stars of the U.S. ABC network's sitcoms, Saget surprised her and her family with a shocking question.
"We were trying to take a nap, and all of a sudden Bob Saget walks down the aisle, rips open our curtain, and shouts, 'Do you guys have any coke?!' Then he looks my dad in the eye, laughs, and closes the curtain."
Saget didn't deny the incident, but he was fuming mad at Fishel for apparently failing to recognise the humour in the situation. He also took it a step further by insulting Fishel's looks.
"What show was she on? Big Chest, Small Wonder?" he told the men's magazine in a new interview. "That the real size of her, but the way. She's kind of like Bilbo Baggins, very tiny.
"So first off, I don't open curtains. That was a lie, because I just don't that. I knock on things. Also, there weren't separate compartments on the plane.
Anyway, the whole thing was as simple as me going to the restroom and throwing out a one-liner. I was always making jokes; that's what I did. Yes, it did have a drug reference in it, but the joke was that her parents should protect this kid who was starring in a television show.
It was just a funny thing, like a satiric moment of, 'What are we doing with our kids?' I wouldn't expect someone to understand it if they don't get that kind of humour.
"How old is that girl now anyway? Isn't she like 60? I don't know how old she was when she did the show, but I'll always tell the judge she was 18," the 57-year-old actor said.
Apparently, Saget seethed for nothing. Fishel knew it was a joke even at that time, but the men's magazine decided to leave that part out.
"@pjcarone @MaximMag maybe you should have printed what I said at the end 'we knew he was joking. It was funny.' He didn't pick up on that," she Tweeted.
Saget only replied, "TGIF @daniellefishel," to Fishel's "Well @bobsaget and I are following each other now. I think this means we're mature? That can't be right. #TGIFamily"
It's not much of an apology for insulting his colleague, but just a simple acknowledgment. At least Fishel did not seem to mind.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0