Bob Saget Fumes at ‘Boy Meets World' Star Danielle Fishel
By Anne Lu | May 27, 2013 1:27 PM EST
It's the war of the '90s sitcom stars, which fortunately ended too abruptly. "Full House" star Bob Saget has compared the diminutive "Boy Meets World" actress Danielle Fishel to Bilbo Baggins after she revealed a drug-related incident with the older actor.
For the April issue of Maxim magazine, the 32-year-old actress, who famously played Topanga in the defunct sitcom, posed for a sexy photo shoot and revealed some juicy bits about some stars that she encountered.
One of those stars was Saget. She recalled that while she was on a private jet to Disney World with the rest of the stars of the U.S. ABC network's sitcoms, Saget surprised her and her family with a shocking question.
"We were trying to take a nap, and all of a sudden Bob Saget walks down the aisle, rips open our curtain, and shouts, 'Do you guys have any coke?!' Then he looks my dad in the eye, laughs, and closes the curtain."
Saget didn't deny the incident, but he was fuming mad at Fishel for apparently failing to recognise the humour in the situation. He also took it a step further by insulting Fishel's looks.
"What show was she on? Big Chest, Small Wonder?" he told the men's magazine in a new interview. "That the real size of her, but the way. She's kind of like Bilbo Baggins, very tiny.
"So first off, I don't open curtains. That was a lie, because I just don't that. I knock on things. Also, there weren't separate compartments on the plane.
Anyway, the whole thing was as simple as me going to the restroom and throwing out a one-liner. I was always making jokes; that's what I did. Yes, it did have a drug reference in it, but the joke was that her parents should protect this kid who was starring in a television show.
It was just a funny thing, like a satiric moment of, 'What are we doing with our kids?' I wouldn't expect someone to understand it if they don't get that kind of humour.
"How old is that girl now anyway? Isn't she like 60? I don't know how old she was when she did the show, but I'll always tell the judge she was 18," the 57-year-old actor said.
Apparently, Saget seethed for nothing. Fishel knew it was a joke even at that time, but the men's magazine decided to leave that part out.
"@pjcarone @MaximMag maybe you should have printed what I said at the end 'we knew he was joking. It was funny.' He didn't pick up on that," she Tweeted.
Saget only replied, "TGIF @daniellefishel," to Fishel's "Well @bobsaget and I are following each other now. I think this means we're mature? That can't be right. #TGIFamily"
It's not much of an apology for insulting his colleague, but just a simple acknowledgment. At least Fishel did not seem to mind.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People