Indy 500 2013: Where To Watch Free Live Online Stream, Preview Prediction, Marco Andretti, Dario Franchitti, Helio Castroneves Take On The Brickyard
May 26, 2013 11:38 PM EST
Marco Andretti, the grandson of racing legend Mario, enters the 97 th running of the “Greatest Spectable In Sports” as the heavy favorite, but hopes to be the first Andretti to win at the Brickyard since 1969.
At 19-years-old, Marco Andretti nearly ended the decades long curse in 2006 before Sam Hornish Jr. outlasted him. Since then no other American has won the Indianapolis 500, a race the U.S. has traditionally dominated for 74 victories.
Andretti starts off Sunday’s race in the front row with fellow American Ed Carpenter, and Columbian rookie Carlos Munoz. The 32-year-old Carpenter will be the first owner/driver to participate in the race since 1975.
No rookie has led off in the front row since Juan Pablo Montoya, a countryman of Munoz’s. Back in 2000 Montoya converted one of the top slots into a victory.
The rookie’s joining Munoz are AJ Allmendinger, Conor Daly, and Tristan Vautier.
Four women racers will join those rookies Sunday, counting Simona de Silvestro from Switzerland, Brazil’s Ana Beatriz, and Pippa Mann and Katherine Legge from Great Britain.
Standing in Andretti’s, the rookie’s, and the women’s way will be two of the world’s top racers in Dario Franchitti and Helio Castroneves.
Both Franchitti and Castroneves are in line to drink their fourth bottle of cold milk, though the Scottish Franchitti has won two of the last three 500s. The only other drivers to win the race four times were A.J. Foyt, Al Unser, and Rick Mears.
The race begins at 12 p.m. and will be broadcast by ABC, or live online stream is available here that can be watched at the viewer’s discretion.
Prediction: It should come down to Andretti or Franchitti, with the Scotsman taking the checkered flag.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports