Indy 500 2013: Where To Watch Free Live Online Stream, Preview Prediction, Marco Andretti, Dario Franchitti, Helio Castroneves Take On The Brickyard
May 26, 2013 11:38 PM EST
Marco Andretti, the grandson of racing legend Mario, enters the 97 th running of the “Greatest Spectable In Sports” as the heavy favorite, but hopes to be the first Andretti to win at the Brickyard since 1969.
At 19-years-old, Marco Andretti nearly ended the decades long curse in 2006 before Sam Hornish Jr. outlasted him. Since then no other American has won the Indianapolis 500, a race the U.S. has traditionally dominated for 74 victories.
Andretti starts off Sunday’s race in the front row with fellow American Ed Carpenter, and Columbian rookie Carlos Munoz. The 32-year-old Carpenter will be the first owner/driver to participate in the race since 1975.
No rookie has led off in the front row since Juan Pablo Montoya, a countryman of Munoz’s. Back in 2000 Montoya converted one of the top slots into a victory.
The rookie’s joining Munoz are AJ Allmendinger, Conor Daly, and Tristan Vautier.
Four women racers will join those rookies Sunday, counting Simona de Silvestro from Switzerland, Brazil’s Ana Beatriz, and Pippa Mann and Katherine Legge from Great Britain.
Standing in Andretti’s, the rookie’s, and the women’s way will be two of the world’s top racers in Dario Franchitti and Helio Castroneves.
Both Franchitti and Castroneves are in line to drink their fourth bottle of cold milk, though the Scottish Franchitti has won two of the last three 500s. The only other drivers to win the race four times were A.J. Foyt, Al Unser, and Rick Mears.
The race begins at 12 p.m. and will be broadcast by ABC, or live online stream is available here that can be watched at the viewer’s discretion.
Prediction: It should come down to Andretti or Franchitti, with the Scotsman taking the checkered flag.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More