Indy 500 2013: Where To Watch Free Live Online Stream, Preview Prediction, Marco Andretti, Dario Franchitti, Helio Castroneves Take On The Brickyard
May 26, 2013 11:38 PM EST
Marco Andretti, the grandson of racing legend Mario, enters the 97 th running of the “Greatest Spectable In Sports” as the heavy favorite, but hopes to be the first Andretti to win at the Brickyard since 1969.
At 19-years-old, Marco Andretti nearly ended the decades long curse in 2006 before Sam Hornish Jr. outlasted him. Since then no other American has won the Indianapolis 500, a race the U.S. has traditionally dominated for 74 victories.
Andretti starts off Sunday’s race in the front row with fellow American Ed Carpenter, and Columbian rookie Carlos Munoz. The 32-year-old Carpenter will be the first owner/driver to participate in the race since 1975.
No rookie has led off in the front row since Juan Pablo Montoya, a countryman of Munoz’s. Back in 2000 Montoya converted one of the top slots into a victory.
The rookie’s joining Munoz are AJ Allmendinger, Conor Daly, and Tristan Vautier.
Four women racers will join those rookies Sunday, counting Simona de Silvestro from Switzerland, Brazil’s Ana Beatriz, and Pippa Mann and Katherine Legge from Great Britain.
Standing in Andretti’s, the rookie’s, and the women’s way will be two of the world’s top racers in Dario Franchitti and Helio Castroneves.
Both Franchitti and Castroneves are in line to drink their fourth bottle of cold milk, though the Scottish Franchitti has won two of the last three 500s. The only other drivers to win the race four times were A.J. Foyt, Al Unser, and Rick Mears.
The race begins at 12 p.m. and will be broadcast by ABC, or live online stream is available here that can be watched at the viewer’s discretion.
Prediction: It should come down to Andretti or Franchitti, with the Scotsman taking the checkered flag.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install