Yamaha Launches Ray Z Scooter in India at ₹48,555
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 25, 2013 9:53 PM EST
Yamaha Motor, a unit of Japanese Yamaha, launched Ray-Z scooter in India on Friday along with two other models in the SZ line-up. The company, which introduced a Ray model back in September 2012 for the young female generation, targets the young male audience with its new Ray Z model. The newly launched scooter will join the company's Z-series of motor vehicles and priced at ₹48,555.
Sensing a potential market in India, the company aims to get new foothold in the country with the introduction of three new models. While Ray Z maintains the basic performance of Yamaha Ray, the all new scooter packs changes in its look.
Under the hood, the scooter packs the same 4-stroke, air-cooled, 113 cc engine which produces a power of 7 bhp and 8.1 Nm torque. The company claims a mileage of 53 Kilometers per litre for the new bike. The Ray z will compete with Honda Dio, Suzuki Swish, Mahindra Duro and TVS Wego models. The Friday event also saw the unveiling of Yamaha Motor Company's new slogan 'rev your hearts'.
"Empowered by a passion for innovation, we create exceptional value and experiences that enrich the lives of our customers," said Hiroyuki Yanagi, president and CEO, Yamaha Motor Company at the event.
The company aims to sell 5,000 units of the new Ray Z every month in addition to 10,000 units of the Ray. The other two models namely 'SZ-RR' and 'SZ-S' are priced at ₹62,500 and ₹59,500 respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen