Yamaha Launches Ray Z Scooter in India at ₹48,555
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 25, 2013 9:53 PM EST
Yamaha Motor, a unit of Japanese Yamaha, launched Ray-Z scooter in India on Friday along with two other models in the SZ line-up. The company, which introduced a Ray model back in September 2012 for the young female generation, targets the young male audience with its new Ray Z model. The newly launched scooter will join the company's Z-series of motor vehicles and priced at ₹48,555.
Sensing a potential market in India, the company aims to get new foothold in the country with the introduction of three new models. While Ray Z maintains the basic performance of Yamaha Ray, the all new scooter packs changes in its look.
Under the hood, the scooter packs the same 4-stroke, air-cooled, 113 cc engine which produces a power of 7 bhp and 8.1 Nm torque. The company claims a mileage of 53 Kilometers per litre for the new bike. The Ray z will compete with Honda Dio, Suzuki Swish, Mahindra Duro and TVS Wego models. The Friday event also saw the unveiling of Yamaha Motor Company's new slogan 'rev your hearts'.
"Empowered by a passion for innovation, we create exceptional value and experiences that enrich the lives of our customers," said Hiroyuki Yanagi, president and CEO, Yamaha Motor Company at the event.
The company aims to sell 5,000 units of the new Ray Z every month in addition to 10,000 units of the Ray. The other two models namely 'SZ-RR' and 'SZ-S' are priced at ₹62,500 and ₹59,500 respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide