Yamaha Launches Ray Z Scooter in India at ₹48,555
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 25, 2013 9:53 PM EST
Yamaha Motor, a unit of Japanese Yamaha, launched Ray-Z scooter in India on Friday along with two other models in the SZ line-up. The company, which introduced a Ray model back in September 2012 for the young female generation, targets the young male audience with its new Ray Z model. The newly launched scooter will join the company's Z-series of motor vehicles and priced at ₹48,555.
Sensing a potential market in India, the company aims to get new foothold in the country with the introduction of three new models. While Ray Z maintains the basic performance of Yamaha Ray, the all new scooter packs changes in its look.
Under the hood, the scooter packs the same 4-stroke, air-cooled, 113 cc engine which produces a power of 7 bhp and 8.1 Nm torque. The company claims a mileage of 53 Kilometers per litre for the new bike. The Ray z will compete with Honda Dio, Suzuki Swish, Mahindra Duro and TVS Wego models. The Friday event also saw the unveiling of Yamaha Motor Company's new slogan 'rev your hearts'.
"Empowered by a passion for innovation, we create exceptional value and experiences that enrich the lives of our customers," said Hiroyuki Yanagi, president and CEO, Yamaha Motor Company at the event.
The company aims to sell 5,000 units of the new Ray Z every month in addition to 10,000 units of the Ray. The other two models namely 'SZ-RR' and 'SZ-S' are priced at ₹62,500 and ₹59,500 respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]