Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers (Marvell Technology, Intuitive Surgical, MAKO Surgical, UTi Worldwide, DIRECTV, AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Sears Holdings, Titan Machinery, Neutral Tandem, Zumiez)
May 24, 2013 5:03 PM EST
The top after-market NASDAQ gainers on Thursday were Marvell Technology Group Ltd, Intuitive Surgical, MAKO Surgical Corp Inc, UTi Worldwide and DIRECTV. The top after-market NASDAQ losers were AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Sears Holdings Corp, Titan Machinery, Neutral Tandem Inc, and Zumiez Inc.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) shares surged 19.52 percent to $3.49 in post-market trading. The company reported first quarter results that topped market expectations. The company reported adjusted net income for the first quarter was $98.1 million or $0.19 per share for the quarter, compared to $138.7 million or $0.23 per share, a year ago. On average, 29 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected the company to earn $0.14 per share for the first quarter.
Intuitive Surgical Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG) shares surged 4.06 percent to $497.90 in post-market trading. The company won in a civil lawsuit that accused it of negligence in its training of doctors using the company's surgical robot machines.
MAKO Surgical Corp. (NASDAQ:MAKO) shares gained 3.54 percent to $11.69 in post-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $10.00, a 52-week high of $27.18 and $529.99 million in market capitalization.
UTi Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:UTIW) shares advanced 3.17 percent to $16.29 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $12.31, a 52-week high of $16.29 and $1.64 billion in market capitalization.
DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) shares rose 2.93 percent to $65.79 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $42.87, a 52-week high of $65.81 and $35.73 billion in market capitalization.
AVEO Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:AVEO) shares slumped 12.59 percent to $2.36 in post-market trading. The company said it was informed by its partner Astellas Pharma Inc that the Japanese company would not be seeking marketing approval for their experimental kidney cancer drug in Europe.
Sears Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:SHLD) shares plunged 12.33 percent to $51.00 in post-market trading. The company reported a first quarter loss of $279 million, or $2.63 a share, in comparison to a profit of $189 million, or $1.78 a share a year earlier. Adjusted per-share loss widened to $1.29 a share from a per-share loss of $0.51 a year earlier.
Titan Machinery Inc. (NASDAQ:TITN) shares declined 12.00 percent to $19.80 in post-market trading. The company on Thursday said that it expects to post a loss for its fiscal first quarter on weaker revenue. Titan forecast revenues of $440 million for the quarter, about $50 million less than it had anticipated earlier.
Neutral Tandem Inc. (NASDAQ:IQNT) shares fell 4.80 percent to $5.55 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $2.10, a 52-week high of $14.15 and $188.83 million in market capitalization.
Zumiez Inc. (NASDAQ:ZUMZ) shares declined 3.09 percent to $31.01 in post-market trading. The company reported first quarter EPS of $0.13, $0.01 better than the Reuters analysts’ estimate. Revenue for the quarter came in at $148.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $147.26 million. Zumiez expects second quarter 2013 earnings per share to be in the range of $0.16 to $0.20, in comparison to the Reuters consensus estimate of $0.17.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]