Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers (Marvell Technology, Intuitive Surgical, MAKO Surgical, UTi Worldwide, DIRECTV, AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Sears Holdings, Titan Machinery, Neutral Tandem, Zumiez)
May 24, 2013 5:03 PM EST
The top after-market NASDAQ gainers on Thursday were Marvell Technology Group Ltd, Intuitive Surgical, MAKO Surgical Corp Inc, UTi Worldwide and DIRECTV. The top after-market NASDAQ losers were AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Sears Holdings Corp, Titan Machinery, Neutral Tandem Inc, and Zumiez Inc.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) shares surged 19.52 percent to $3.49 in post-market trading. The company reported first quarter results that topped market expectations. The company reported adjusted net income for the first quarter was $98.1 million or $0.19 per share for the quarter, compared to $138.7 million or $0.23 per share, a year ago. On average, 29 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected the company to earn $0.14 per share for the first quarter.
Intuitive Surgical Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG) shares surged 4.06 percent to $497.90 in post-market trading. The company won in a civil lawsuit that accused it of negligence in its training of doctors using the company's surgical robot machines.
MAKO Surgical Corp. (NASDAQ:MAKO) shares gained 3.54 percent to $11.69 in post-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week low of $10.00, a 52-week high of $27.18 and $529.99 million in market capitalization.
UTi Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:UTIW) shares advanced 3.17 percent to $16.29 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $12.31, a 52-week high of $16.29 and $1.64 billion in market capitalization.
DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) shares rose 2.93 percent to $65.79 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $42.87, a 52-week high of $65.81 and $35.73 billion in market capitalization.
AVEO Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:AVEO) shares slumped 12.59 percent to $2.36 in post-market trading. The company said it was informed by its partner Astellas Pharma Inc that the Japanese company would not be seeking marketing approval for their experimental kidney cancer drug in Europe.
Sears Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:SHLD) shares plunged 12.33 percent to $51.00 in post-market trading. The company reported a first quarter loss of $279 million, or $2.63 a share, in comparison to a profit of $189 million, or $1.78 a share a year earlier. Adjusted per-share loss widened to $1.29 a share from a per-share loss of $0.51 a year earlier.
Titan Machinery Inc. (NASDAQ:TITN) shares declined 12.00 percent to $19.80 in post-market trading. The company on Thursday said that it expects to post a loss for its fiscal first quarter on weaker revenue. Titan forecast revenues of $440 million for the quarter, about $50 million less than it had anticipated earlier.
Neutral Tandem Inc. (NASDAQ:IQNT) shares fell 4.80 percent to $5.55 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $2.10, a 52-week high of $14.15 and $188.83 million in market capitalization.
Zumiez Inc. (NASDAQ:ZUMZ) shares declined 3.09 percent to $31.01 in post-market trading. The company reported first quarter EPS of $0.13, $0.01 better than the Reuters analysts’ estimate. Revenue for the quarter came in at $148.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $147.26 million. Zumiez expects second quarter 2013 earnings per share to be in the range of $0.16 to $0.20, in comparison to the Reuters consensus estimate of $0.17.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop