Nokia Lumia ‘Phablet’ to Arrive in 2014 and Compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST
Nokia appears to be ready for another challenge in the market competition with an upcoming release of a Nokia Lumia Phablet. The Finnish company will reportedly unveil the 6-inch Windows Phone phablet in 2014 as a rival device to the soon-to-be-released 5.9-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Super AMOLED screen display.
The Microsoft Windows Phone 8 platform does not support the Full HD resolution on screen displays yet. However, it is expected to be altered with the Windows Phone GDR3 release that includes support for Full HD display resolutions and the Nokia Lumia Phablet could be the first Windows Phone device to gain a Full HD 1080p resolution.
The Windows Phone GDR3 update can support as well the quad-core processors on the Windows Phone handsets. There is a possibility that the Nokia Lumia Phablet includes either a Snapdragon 600 or Snapdragon 800 CPU which can compete with the reported Exynos 5 Octa processor in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Another remarkable feature that the Nokia Lumia Phablet will have is the 8.7MP rear-facing camera with the PureView technology. It can deliver impressive imaging and video recording to the large screen smart phone and tablet.
Nokia has not yet confirmed the upcoming phablet's camera features but the Finnish company is anticipated to deliver impressive camera features similar to the Nokia EOS Lumia smart phone with 41MP image sensor. The Nokia EOS launch is estimated to happen in the second half of 2013.
According to the Digitimes report, Nokia is currently searching for component suppliers that will help the company in manufacturing the new Nokia Lumia Phablet. The upcoming Nokia Lumia Phablet that runs on the Windows Phone 8 has been estimated to have a selling price between $620 and $770.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2