Nokia Lumia ‘Phablet’ to Arrive in 2014 and Compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST
Nokia appears to be ready for another challenge in the market competition with an upcoming release of a Nokia Lumia Phablet. The Finnish company will reportedly unveil the 6-inch Windows Phone phablet in 2014 as a rival device to the soon-to-be-released 5.9-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Super AMOLED screen display.
The Microsoft Windows Phone 8 platform does not support the Full HD resolution on screen displays yet. However, it is expected to be altered with the Windows Phone GDR3 release that includes support for Full HD display resolutions and the Nokia Lumia Phablet could be the first Windows Phone device to gain a Full HD 1080p resolution.
The Windows Phone GDR3 update can support as well the quad-core processors on the Windows Phone handsets. There is a possibility that the Nokia Lumia Phablet includes either a Snapdragon 600 or Snapdragon 800 CPU which can compete with the reported Exynos 5 Octa processor in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Another remarkable feature that the Nokia Lumia Phablet will have is the 8.7MP rear-facing camera with the PureView technology. It can deliver impressive imaging and video recording to the large screen smart phone and tablet.
Nokia has not yet confirmed the upcoming phablet's camera features but the Finnish company is anticipated to deliver impressive camera features similar to the Nokia EOS Lumia smart phone with 41MP image sensor. The Nokia EOS launch is estimated to happen in the second half of 2013.
According to the Digitimes report, Nokia is currently searching for component suppliers that will help the company in manufacturing the new Nokia Lumia Phablet. The upcoming Nokia Lumia Phablet that runs on the Windows Phone 8 has been estimated to have a selling price between $620 and $770.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More