Nokia Lumia ‘Phablet’ to Arrive in 2014 and Compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST
Nokia appears to be ready for another challenge in the market competition with an upcoming release of a Nokia Lumia Phablet. The Finnish company will reportedly unveil the 6-inch Windows Phone phablet in 2014 as a rival device to the soon-to-be-released 5.9-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Super AMOLED screen display.
The Microsoft Windows Phone 8 platform does not support the Full HD resolution on screen displays yet. However, it is expected to be altered with the Windows Phone GDR3 release that includes support for Full HD display resolutions and the Nokia Lumia Phablet could be the first Windows Phone device to gain a Full HD 1080p resolution.
The Windows Phone GDR3 update can support as well the quad-core processors on the Windows Phone handsets. There is a possibility that the Nokia Lumia Phablet includes either a Snapdragon 600 or Snapdragon 800 CPU which can compete with the reported Exynos 5 Octa processor in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Another remarkable feature that the Nokia Lumia Phablet will have is the 8.7MP rear-facing camera with the PureView technology. It can deliver impressive imaging and video recording to the large screen smart phone and tablet.
Nokia has not yet confirmed the upcoming phablet's camera features but the Finnish company is anticipated to deliver impressive camera features similar to the Nokia EOS Lumia smart phone with 41MP image sensor. The Nokia EOS launch is estimated to happen in the second half of 2013.
According to the Digitimes report, Nokia is currently searching for component suppliers that will help the company in manufacturing the new Nokia Lumia Phablet. The upcoming Nokia Lumia Phablet that runs on the Windows Phone 8 has been estimated to have a selling price between $620 and $770.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports