Nokia Lumia ‘Phablet’ to Arrive in 2014 and Compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST
Nokia appears to be ready for another challenge in the market competition with an upcoming release of a Nokia Lumia Phablet. The Finnish company will reportedly unveil the 6-inch Windows Phone phablet in 2014 as a rival device to the soon-to-be-released 5.9-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Super AMOLED screen display.
The Microsoft Windows Phone 8 platform does not support the Full HD resolution on screen displays yet. However, it is expected to be altered with the Windows Phone GDR3 release that includes support for Full HD display resolutions and the Nokia Lumia Phablet could be the first Windows Phone device to gain a Full HD 1080p resolution.
The Windows Phone GDR3 update can support as well the quad-core processors on the Windows Phone handsets. There is a possibility that the Nokia Lumia Phablet includes either a Snapdragon 600 or Snapdragon 800 CPU which can compete with the reported Exynos 5 Octa processor in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Another remarkable feature that the Nokia Lumia Phablet will have is the 8.7MP rear-facing camera with the PureView technology. It can deliver impressive imaging and video recording to the large screen smart phone and tablet.
Nokia has not yet confirmed the upcoming phablet's camera features but the Finnish company is anticipated to deliver impressive camera features similar to the Nokia EOS Lumia smart phone with 41MP image sensor. The Nokia EOS launch is estimated to happen in the second half of 2013.
According to the Digitimes report, Nokia is currently searching for component suppliers that will help the company in manufacturing the new Nokia Lumia Phablet. The upcoming Nokia Lumia Phablet that runs on the Windows Phone 8 has been estimated to have a selling price between $620 and $770.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation