Nokia Lumia ‘Phablet’ to Arrive in 2014 and Compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 24, 2013 3:22 PM EST
Nokia appears to be ready for another challenge in the market competition with an upcoming release of a Nokia Lumia Phablet. The Finnish company will reportedly unveil the 6-inch Windows Phone phablet in 2014 as a rival device to the soon-to-be-released 5.9-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Super AMOLED screen display.
The Microsoft Windows Phone 8 platform does not support the Full HD resolution on screen displays yet. However, it is expected to be altered with the Windows Phone GDR3 release that includes support for Full HD display resolutions and the Nokia Lumia Phablet could be the first Windows Phone device to gain a Full HD 1080p resolution.
The Windows Phone GDR3 update can support as well the quad-core processors on the Windows Phone handsets. There is a possibility that the Nokia Lumia Phablet includes either a Snapdragon 600 or Snapdragon 800 CPU which can compete with the reported Exynos 5 Octa processor in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Another remarkable feature that the Nokia Lumia Phablet will have is the 8.7MP rear-facing camera with the PureView technology. It can deliver impressive imaging and video recording to the large screen smart phone and tablet.
Nokia has not yet confirmed the upcoming phablet's camera features but the Finnish company is anticipated to deliver impressive camera features similar to the Nokia EOS Lumia smart phone with 41MP image sensor. The Nokia EOS launch is estimated to happen in the second half of 2013.
According to the Digitimes report, Nokia is currently searching for component suppliers that will help the company in manufacturing the new Nokia Lumia Phablet. The upcoming Nokia Lumia Phablet that runs on the Windows Phone 8 has been estimated to have a selling price between $620 and $770.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage