The Carrie Diaries Season 2: Welcomes Two Sex And The City Characters, Plus More Sebastian and Carrie Moments
By Frances Samson | May 24, 2013 3:02 PM EST
The 1980s-inspired drama The Carrie Diaries, which traces the origins of the iconic character Carrie Bradshow, will finally see some connection to the HBO hit series Sex and The City as some characters connected to the older Carrie (played by Sarah Jessica Parker) get introduced in the show's second season.
The first season finale already referenced an SATC character with Stanford Blatch (played by Willie Garson on the HBO series) as being Bennett's (Jake Robinson) roommate. But Blatch is not the only one, according to executive producer Amy B. Harris. In her interview with The Hollywood Reporter, she said "I know exactly how I would like to introduce each of the (SATC) characters into the show and he's not going to be the only one, that's for sure...There is more to come."
CW announced that viewers will also see yet another SATC character, Samantha Jones, who would become one of Carrie Bradshow's closest friends. The role of the younger Samantha has reportedly not been cast yet, though. The adult Samantha on the HBO comedy was played by Kim Catrall.
If the first season was all about letting people fall in love with the characters and building relatable associations with them, season 2 promises to be the beginning of major twists and changes in Carrie's (AnnaSophia Robb) young life. Her rollercoaster of happiness begins as she moves from Connecticut to the Big Apple. Bouncing back from her discovery of boyfriend Sebastian (Austin Butler) and best friend Maggie's (Kate Findlay) affair from last season, she lives out the big city dream in season 2 with Walt (Brendan Dooling). Despite the bump on the road, though, show's EP Harris still sees more of Carrie and Sebastian in the future. "They're not over," she told THR.
"In a lot of ways, Carrie and Sebastian are very good for each other. To me, they are pinballs in a pinball machine; They are constantly going to be banging up against each other - and sometimes that hurts."
There are a lot of loose ends that need to be tied in season 2, including complexities of Walt's (Brendan Dooling) admission of his true sexuality. Journeying into the 80's where gay relationships and AIDS were still relatively taboo, how will Walt put up with it? And with Carrie endiing the first season a virgin unlike her younger sister Dorrit (Stefania Owen), will the overthinking, complex older Bradshow lose it now in season two? Since she and Sebastian had a falling out following his affair with Maggie, could it still be with him? How are the newly introduced SATC characters going to play out in the life of young Carrie?
This Sex and The City prequel returns on CW in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU