Chuck Norris Tebow Ode: 'Chuck Norris Facts' Star Urges Jacksonville Jaguars To Sign Quarterback, Calls Him 'Ultimate Clutch Player'
May 24, 2013 12:29 AM EST
Tim Tebow may be having a hard time finding a new home in the NFL, but at least he has Chuck Norris in his corner.
In a Sunday guest post for a website called World Net Daily, Norris wrote a lengthy ode in defense of Tebow’s much-maligned quarterbacking skills. The former Florida Gator standout has yet to be offered a contract since the New York Jets tendered his release in March.
Although NFL executives remain unconvinced that Tebow has the necessary skill set to thrive as a starting quarterback, Norris does not appear to harbor the same doubts. In his post for WND, the aging action star refers to Tebow as a “UCP,” or “Ultimate Clutch Player.”
"America has the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships) and the UCP (Ultimate Clutch Players)," Norris wrote for WND, which also counts noted conservatives Ann Coulter and Ted Nugent among its contributors. "One is mixed martial artists, and the other is quarterbacks of the NFL. They all are athletic warriors who are extremely determined to win.”
“I’ve heard the so-called critics say Tebow has poor technical skills, but the truth is that Tim is a natural-born leader, an amazingly gifted football player, an inspiration to his team and the possessor of intense determination and strategy to bring any team to victory – no matter what the odds.”
Throughout the ode, Norris defends Tebow’s credentials and abilities as a quarterback. According to Norris, whose legendary toughness once spawned a famous series of hyperbolic “Chuck Norris Facts,” Tebow “rises to the occasion and delivers big in critical game moments." He then describes how Tebow’s unique abilities would be perfectly suited to the needs of the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars, appealing directly to the team’s owner, Shad Khan.
“Tebow works miracles on the field, and his inclusion would embolden the spirit of the Jaguars among the team and fans,” Norris wrote. “Plus – and this has no reflection on the current quarterbacks – Tim is from Florida, where he bears a victor legacy and an extensive fan base, to boot, from his days with the Gators.”
“So, Mr. Shad Khan…I would give the preceding some serious thought. Whatever you would pay Tebow would be recouped tenfold by the increase in attendance and fan base. With Tim as the quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars, they would add thousands (if not tens of thousands) of additional fans to the stadium, including me – even though I don’t live in Florida!”
While Norris’ ode to Tebow was undeniably spirited, it’s unlikely that Khan and the rest of Jaguars upper management will be swayed. Both the franchise’s owner and its general manager have already overtly stated that they are not interested in signing Tebow to play quarterback or any other position. Still, it must be nice to have the support of one of the world’s most respected (and feared) martial artists.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase