Chuck Norris Tebow Ode: 'Chuck Norris Facts' Star Urges Jacksonville Jaguars To Sign Quarterback, Calls Him 'Ultimate Clutch Player'
May 24, 2013 12:29 AM EST
Tim Tebow may be having a hard time finding a new home in the NFL, but at least he has Chuck Norris in his corner.
In a Sunday guest post for a website called World Net Daily, Norris wrote a lengthy ode in defense of Tebow’s much-maligned quarterbacking skills. The former Florida Gator standout has yet to be offered a contract since the New York Jets tendered his release in March.
Although NFL executives remain unconvinced that Tebow has the necessary skill set to thrive as a starting quarterback, Norris does not appear to harbor the same doubts. In his post for WND, the aging action star refers to Tebow as a “UCP,” or “Ultimate Clutch Player.”
"America has the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships) and the UCP (Ultimate Clutch Players)," Norris wrote for WND, which also counts noted conservatives Ann Coulter and Ted Nugent among its contributors. "One is mixed martial artists, and the other is quarterbacks of the NFL. They all are athletic warriors who are extremely determined to win.”
“I’ve heard the so-called critics say Tebow has poor technical skills, but the truth is that Tim is a natural-born leader, an amazingly gifted football player, an inspiration to his team and the possessor of intense determination and strategy to bring any team to victory – no matter what the odds.”
Throughout the ode, Norris defends Tebow’s credentials and abilities as a quarterback. According to Norris, whose legendary toughness once spawned a famous series of hyperbolic “Chuck Norris Facts,” Tebow “rises to the occasion and delivers big in critical game moments." He then describes how Tebow’s unique abilities would be perfectly suited to the needs of the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars, appealing directly to the team’s owner, Shad Khan.
“Tebow works miracles on the field, and his inclusion would embolden the spirit of the Jaguars among the team and fans,” Norris wrote. “Plus – and this has no reflection on the current quarterbacks – Tim is from Florida, where he bears a victor legacy and an extensive fan base, to boot, from his days with the Gators.”
“So, Mr. Shad Khan…I would give the preceding some serious thought. Whatever you would pay Tebow would be recouped tenfold by the increase in attendance and fan base. With Tim as the quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars, they would add thousands (if not tens of thousands) of additional fans to the stadium, including me – even though I don’t live in Florida!”
While Norris’ ode to Tebow was undeniably spirited, it’s unlikely that Khan and the rest of Jaguars upper management will be swayed. Both the franchise’s owner and its general manager have already overtly stated that they are not interested in signing Tebow to play quarterback or any other position. Still, it must be nice to have the support of one of the world’s most respected (and feared) martial artists.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown