Chuck Norris Tebow Ode: 'Chuck Norris Facts' Star Urges Jacksonville Jaguars To Sign Quarterback, Calls Him 'Ultimate Clutch Player'
May 24, 2013 12:29 AM EST
Tim Tebow may be having a hard time finding a new home in the NFL, but at least he has Chuck Norris in his corner.
In a Sunday guest post for a website called World Net Daily, Norris wrote a lengthy ode in defense of Tebow’s much-maligned quarterbacking skills. The former Florida Gator standout has yet to be offered a contract since the New York Jets tendered his release in March.
Although NFL executives remain unconvinced that Tebow has the necessary skill set to thrive as a starting quarterback, Norris does not appear to harbor the same doubts. In his post for WND, the aging action star refers to Tebow as a “UCP,” or “Ultimate Clutch Player.”
"America has the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships) and the UCP (Ultimate Clutch Players)," Norris wrote for WND, which also counts noted conservatives Ann Coulter and Ted Nugent among its contributors. "One is mixed martial artists, and the other is quarterbacks of the NFL. They all are athletic warriors who are extremely determined to win.”
“I’ve heard the so-called critics say Tebow has poor technical skills, but the truth is that Tim is a natural-born leader, an amazingly gifted football player, an inspiration to his team and the possessor of intense determination and strategy to bring any team to victory – no matter what the odds.”
Throughout the ode, Norris defends Tebow’s credentials and abilities as a quarterback. According to Norris, whose legendary toughness once spawned a famous series of hyperbolic “Chuck Norris Facts,” Tebow “rises to the occasion and delivers big in critical game moments." He then describes how Tebow’s unique abilities would be perfectly suited to the needs of the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars, appealing directly to the team’s owner, Shad Khan.
“Tebow works miracles on the field, and his inclusion would embolden the spirit of the Jaguars among the team and fans,” Norris wrote. “Plus – and this has no reflection on the current quarterbacks – Tim is from Florida, where he bears a victor legacy and an extensive fan base, to boot, from his days with the Gators.”
“So, Mr. Shad Khan…I would give the preceding some serious thought. Whatever you would pay Tebow would be recouped tenfold by the increase in attendance and fan base. With Tim as the quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars, they would add thousands (if not tens of thousands) of additional fans to the stadium, including me – even though I don’t live in Florida!”
While Norris’ ode to Tebow was undeniably spirited, it’s unlikely that Khan and the rest of Jaguars upper management will be swayed. Both the franchise’s owner and its general manager have already overtly stated that they are not interested in signing Tebow to play quarterback or any other position. Still, it must be nice to have the support of one of the world’s most respected (and feared) martial artists.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet