Jon Bon Jovi Slams Justin Bieber: Calls Artist An 'A--Hole' For How He Treats Fans
May 23, 2013 11:05 PM EST
This has not been the best week for Justin Bieber, though it should be a highlight in his young career, after winning the “Milestone Award” Sunday night at the Billboard Music awards. However, not only was he booed by the audience as he accepted the award, beating out artists Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars, but he was also dissed by rocker Jon Bon Jovi this week.
Back in March, Bieber reportedly showed up two hours late to a concert performance in London, causing his “Beliebers” to become angry at the 19-year-old. He was supposed to show up at 8:30pm London time but did not hit the stage until 10:20pm. Many were forced to leave before he finally performed, as they were young and their parents had to come and take them home. The money that then had paid for tickets was then wasted.
"Everyone was on edge and as more time passed, everyone was getting more worried and booing,” one fan tweeted, reports NBC.
“Every generation has guys that do that, none of that is new,” Jovi told the London Evening Standard. “They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives — or in that kid’s case, 80 minutes of their lives.
Do it once, you can be forgiven. Do it enough times and shame on you. They won’t have you back. Then it just becomes a cliché. It’s really not cool — you’re an a--hole. Go to [expletive] work!” the 51-year-old artist continued.
Meanwhile, when accepting his “Milestone Award,” Bieber stated he wanted to be taken seriously as an artist. "I'm 19 years old. I think I'm doing a pretty good job," Bieber said. "Basically from my heart I really just want to say it really should be about to music. It should be about the craft that I'm making. This is not a gimmick and I'm an artist and I should be taken seriously."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen