Jon Bon Jovi Slams Justin Bieber: Calls Artist An 'A--Hole' For How He Treats Fans
May 23, 2013 11:05 PM EST
This has not been the best week for Justin Bieber, though it should be a highlight in his young career, after winning the “Milestone Award” Sunday night at the Billboard Music awards. However, not only was he booed by the audience as he accepted the award, beating out artists Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars, but he was also dissed by rocker Jon Bon Jovi this week.
Back in March, Bieber reportedly showed up two hours late to a concert performance in London, causing his “Beliebers” to become angry at the 19-year-old. He was supposed to show up at 8:30pm London time but did not hit the stage until 10:20pm. Many were forced to leave before he finally performed, as they were young and their parents had to come and take them home. The money that then had paid for tickets was then wasted.
"Everyone was on edge and as more time passed, everyone was getting more worried and booing,” one fan tweeted, reports NBC.
“Every generation has guys that do that, none of that is new,” Jovi told the London Evening Standard. “They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives — or in that kid’s case, 80 minutes of their lives.
Do it once, you can be forgiven. Do it enough times and shame on you. They won’t have you back. Then it just becomes a cliché. It’s really not cool — you’re an a--hole. Go to [expletive] work!” the 51-year-old artist continued.
Meanwhile, when accepting his “Milestone Award,” Bieber stated he wanted to be taken seriously as an artist. "I'm 19 years old. I think I'm doing a pretty good job," Bieber said. "Basically from my heart I really just want to say it really should be about to music. It should be about the craft that I'm making. This is not a gimmick and I'm an artist and I should be taken seriously."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar