Jon Bon Jovi Slams Justin Bieber: Calls Artist An 'A--Hole' For How He Treats Fans
May 23, 2013 11:05 PM EST
This has not been the best week for Justin Bieber, though it should be a highlight in his young career, after winning the “Milestone Award” Sunday night at the Billboard Music awards. However, not only was he booed by the audience as he accepted the award, beating out artists Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars, but he was also dissed by rocker Jon Bon Jovi this week.
Back in March, Bieber reportedly showed up two hours late to a concert performance in London, causing his “Beliebers” to become angry at the 19-year-old. He was supposed to show up at 8:30pm London time but did not hit the stage until 10:20pm. Many were forced to leave before he finally performed, as they were young and their parents had to come and take them home. The money that then had paid for tickets was then wasted.
"Everyone was on edge and as more time passed, everyone was getting more worried and booing,” one fan tweeted, reports NBC.
“Every generation has guys that do that, none of that is new,” Jovi told the London Evening Standard. “They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives — or in that kid’s case, 80 minutes of their lives.
Do it once, you can be forgiven. Do it enough times and shame on you. They won’t have you back. Then it just becomes a cliché. It’s really not cool — you’re an a--hole. Go to [expletive] work!” the 51-year-old artist continued.
Meanwhile, when accepting his “Milestone Award,” Bieber stated he wanted to be taken seriously as an artist. "I'm 19 years old. I think I'm doing a pretty good job," Bieber said. "Basically from my heart I really just want to say it really should be about to music. It should be about the craft that I'm making. This is not a gimmick and I'm an artist and I should be taken seriously."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate