Jon Bon Jovi Slams Justin Bieber: Calls Artist An 'A--Hole' For How He Treats Fans
May 23, 2013 11:05 PM EST
This has not been the best week for Justin Bieber, though it should be a highlight in his young career, after winning the “Milestone Award” Sunday night at the Billboard Music awards. However, not only was he booed by the audience as he accepted the award, beating out artists Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars, but he was also dissed by rocker Jon Bon Jovi this week.
Back in March, Bieber reportedly showed up two hours late to a concert performance in London, causing his “Beliebers” to become angry at the 19-year-old. He was supposed to show up at 8:30pm London time but did not hit the stage until 10:20pm. Many were forced to leave before he finally performed, as they were young and their parents had to come and take them home. The money that then had paid for tickets was then wasted.
"Everyone was on edge and as more time passed, everyone was getting more worried and booing,” one fan tweeted, reports NBC.
“Every generation has guys that do that, none of that is new,” Jovi told the London Evening Standard. “They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives — or in that kid’s case, 80 minutes of their lives.
Do it once, you can be forgiven. Do it enough times and shame on you. They won’t have you back. Then it just becomes a cliché. It’s really not cool — you’re an a--hole. Go to [expletive] work!” the 51-year-old artist continued.
Meanwhile, when accepting his “Milestone Award,” Bieber stated he wanted to be taken seriously as an artist. "I'm 19 years old. I think I'm doing a pretty good job," Bieber said. "Basically from my heart I really just want to say it really should be about to music. It should be about the craft that I'm making. This is not a gimmick and I'm an artist and I should be taken seriously."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko