Jon Bon Jovi Slams Justin Bieber: Calls Artist An 'A--Hole' For How He Treats Fans
May 23, 2013 11:05 PM EST
This has not been the best week for Justin Bieber, though it should be a highlight in his young career, after winning the “Milestone Award” Sunday night at the Billboard Music awards. However, not only was he booed by the audience as he accepted the award, beating out artists Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars, but he was also dissed by rocker Jon Bon Jovi this week.
Back in March, Bieber reportedly showed up two hours late to a concert performance in London, causing his “Beliebers” to become angry at the 19-year-old. He was supposed to show up at 8:30pm London time but did not hit the stage until 10:20pm. Many were forced to leave before he finally performed, as they were young and their parents had to come and take them home. The money that then had paid for tickets was then wasted.
"Everyone was on edge and as more time passed, everyone was getting more worried and booing,” one fan tweeted, reports NBC.
“Every generation has guys that do that, none of that is new,” Jovi told the London Evening Standard. “They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives — or in that kid’s case, 80 minutes of their lives.
Do it once, you can be forgiven. Do it enough times and shame on you. They won’t have you back. Then it just becomes a cliché. It’s really not cool — you’re an a--hole. Go to [expletive] work!” the 51-year-old artist continued.
Meanwhile, when accepting his “Milestone Award,” Bieber stated he wanted to be taken seriously as an artist. "I'm 19 years old. I think I'm doing a pretty good job," Bieber said. "Basically from my heart I really just want to say it really should be about to music. It should be about the craft that I'm making. This is not a gimmick and I'm an artist and I should be taken seriously."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports