iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Delayed Release Date Due to New Suicide Cases of Foxconn Workers?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 21, 2013 10:59 AM EST
Foxconn is Apple's partner in China that is charge of the mass production of Apple devices. However, the Chinese company is clouded by controversy because of reports of unfavourable working conditions.
Controversy surrounding Foxconn's working conditions, particularly "iWorkers" who make up the Apple production force responsible for pushing out new devices like the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2, continues to grow as reports are surfacing that three Chinese labourers in the Taiwanese companies' factories have allegedly committed suicide.
However, a Foxconn representative denied the reports and made a statement on Monday, claiming that none of the three reported death were due to work conditions or related in any way to work, as they all took place outside the walls of the Foxconn factories. In addition, one of the three supposed suicides was by an employee who was a new hire and had not yet even begun his first day on the job.
It is initially reported that the new iPhones will be launched in June along with the upgraded iOS. However, other reports stated that the devices will make its debut in September.
The Apple chief Tim Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of the year.
Cook also subtly dented rumours that the iPhone 5S could launch as early as June. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
It seems that the reports on the delayed release date of Apple products proved to be true. A number of analysts claimed that Apple's smartphones are delayed due to "production issues". However, recent reports also claimed that Chinese suppliers already received the components needed in building the iPhones.
Rumour has it that the next iPhone will feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments