iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Delayed Release Date Due to New Suicide Cases of Foxconn Workers?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 21, 2013 10:59 AM EST
Foxconn is Apple's partner in China that is charge of the mass production of Apple devices. However, the Chinese company is clouded by controversy because of reports of unfavourable working conditions.
Controversy surrounding Foxconn's working conditions, particularly "iWorkers" who make up the Apple production force responsible for pushing out new devices like the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2, continues to grow as reports are surfacing that three Chinese labourers in the Taiwanese companies' factories have allegedly committed suicide.
However, a Foxconn representative denied the reports and made a statement on Monday, claiming that none of the three reported death were due to work conditions or related in any way to work, as they all took place outside the walls of the Foxconn factories. In addition, one of the three supposed suicides was by an employee who was a new hire and had not yet even begun his first day on the job.
It is initially reported that the new iPhones will be launched in June along with the upgraded iOS. However, other reports stated that the devices will make its debut in September.
The Apple chief Tim Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of the year.
Cook also subtly dented rumours that the iPhone 5S could launch as early as June. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
It seems that the reports on the delayed release date of Apple products proved to be true. A number of analysts claimed that Apple's smartphones are delayed due to "production issues". However, recent reports also claimed that Chinese suppliers already received the components needed in building the iPhones.
Rumour has it that the next iPhone will feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon