WWE 2013 Extreme Rules: Results And Recap For John Cena Vs. Ryback, Brock Lesnar Vs. Triple H And Every Match On The Card
May 21, 2013 12:07 AM EST
The first WWE Per-Per-View since WrestleMania 29 took place on Sunday night with Extreme Rules 2013. Superstars like The Rock, Undertaker, CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler weren’t in St. Louis for the event, but the PPV did leave the WWE with many questions going forward.
The PPV saw nine matches and multiple title changes. The night also created controversy surrounding the WWE and World Heavyweight title pictures.
Below are the complete results from Extreme Rules 2013, as well as a recap for each match.
WWE Champion John Cena No Contest vs. Ryback (Last Man Standing Match)
Ryback didn’t win, but he managed to avoid a seventh straight loss at a PPV. The match ended when the challenger lifted Cena up and drove the WWE champion through the entrance stage wall. No 10-cont was given as Ryback was helped to his feet, while Cena had to be taken away on a stretcher.
Brock Lesnar OVER Triple H (Steel Cage Match)
Despite being hurt for much of his time in the ring, Lensar won the grudge match in his feud with Triple H. Bringing out his patented sledgehammer ended up backfiring on the Triple H, as Lesnar used the weapon and an F5 to finish off the COO
Alberto Del Rio OVER Jack Swagger (‘I Quit’ Match)
Swagger was originally ruled the winner when Zeb Coulter threw Ricardo Rodriguez’s white towel into the ring. Referee Mike Chioda thought Del Rio and his personal ring announcer had called it quits, but he restarted the match after using instant replay. Del Rio eventually forced Swagger to quit with a cross arm breaker.
Dean Ambrose OVER United States Champion Kofi Kingston
Ambrose gave The Shield their first title with his victory over Kingston. Despite being the heel, Ambrose got one of the biggest pops of the night when he pinned Kingston for the victory.
The Shield OVER WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs. (Tag Team Tornado Match)
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins joined Ambrose as champions when they beat Kane and Daniel Bryan for the tag team titles. The two finished off Team Hell No as Reigns hoisted Bryan up and his shoulders and Rollins hit the former World Heavyweight champ with a flying knee. Reigns got the pin.
Sheamus OVER Mark Henry (Strap Match)
Henry almost won when he touched three of the four corners, while simultaneously carrying Sheamus. The “Great White,” though, was able to hold off Henry for a few more minutes, and sealed the victory with a Brogue Kick.
Randy Orton OVER Big Show (Extreme Rules Match)
In his hometown, Orton picked up his fist PPV win since Hell in a Cell in October. Big Show kicked out, despite being hit with an RKO onto a chair. Orton used a punt to finish off his opponent, a move he hasn’t utilized in quite some time.
Chris Jericho OVER Fandango
Jericho opened Extreme Rules with a rare PPV win, possibly setting up a rubber match at Payback in June. Fandango thwarted Jericho’s attempt to make him tap out of the Walls of Jericho, but couldn’t avoid a pin after his opponent turned his leg drop into a Codebreaker. It’s the first time Fandango has been pinned in his WWE career.
The Miz OVER Cody Rhodes (Pre-Show)
The Miz forced Rhodes to tap out with a figure four leg-lock. Rhodes failed several attemots to execute the Cross Rhodes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0