WWE 2013 Extreme Rules: Results And Recap For John Cena Vs. Ryback, Brock Lesnar Vs. Triple H And Every Match On The Card
May 21, 2013 12:07 AM EST
The first WWE Per-Per-View since WrestleMania 29 took place on Sunday night with Extreme Rules 2013. Superstars like The Rock, Undertaker, CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler weren’t in St. Louis for the event, but the PPV did leave the WWE with many questions going forward.
The PPV saw nine matches and multiple title changes. The night also created controversy surrounding the WWE and World Heavyweight title pictures.
Below are the complete results from Extreme Rules 2013, as well as a recap for each match.
WWE Champion John Cena No Contest vs. Ryback (Last Man Standing Match)
Ryback didn’t win, but he managed to avoid a seventh straight loss at a PPV. The match ended when the challenger lifted Cena up and drove the WWE champion through the entrance stage wall. No 10-cont was given as Ryback was helped to his feet, while Cena had to be taken away on a stretcher.
Brock Lesnar OVER Triple H (Steel Cage Match)
Despite being hurt for much of his time in the ring, Lensar won the grudge match in his feud with Triple H. Bringing out his patented sledgehammer ended up backfiring on the Triple H, as Lesnar used the weapon and an F5 to finish off the COO
Alberto Del Rio OVER Jack Swagger (‘I Quit’ Match)
Swagger was originally ruled the winner when Zeb Coulter threw Ricardo Rodriguez’s white towel into the ring. Referee Mike Chioda thought Del Rio and his personal ring announcer had called it quits, but he restarted the match after using instant replay. Del Rio eventually forced Swagger to quit with a cross arm breaker.
Dean Ambrose OVER United States Champion Kofi Kingston
Ambrose gave The Shield their first title with his victory over Kingston. Despite being the heel, Ambrose got one of the biggest pops of the night when he pinned Kingston for the victory.
The Shield OVER WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs. (Tag Team Tornado Match)
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins joined Ambrose as champions when they beat Kane and Daniel Bryan for the tag team titles. The two finished off Team Hell No as Reigns hoisted Bryan up and his shoulders and Rollins hit the former World Heavyweight champ with a flying knee. Reigns got the pin.
Sheamus OVER Mark Henry (Strap Match)
Henry almost won when he touched three of the four corners, while simultaneously carrying Sheamus. The “Great White,” though, was able to hold off Henry for a few more minutes, and sealed the victory with a Brogue Kick.
Randy Orton OVER Big Show (Extreme Rules Match)
In his hometown, Orton picked up his fist PPV win since Hell in a Cell in October. Big Show kicked out, despite being hit with an RKO onto a chair. Orton used a punt to finish off his opponent, a move he hasn’t utilized in quite some time.
Chris Jericho OVER Fandango
Jericho opened Extreme Rules with a rare PPV win, possibly setting up a rubber match at Payback in June. Fandango thwarted Jericho’s attempt to make him tap out of the Walls of Jericho, but couldn’t avoid a pin after his opponent turned his leg drop into a Codebreaker. It’s the first time Fandango has been pinned in his WWE career.
The Miz OVER Cody Rhodes (Pre-Show)
The Miz forced Rhodes to tap out with a figure four leg-lock. Rhodes failed several attemots to execute the Cross Rhodes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales