Foxconn Workers Commit Suicide At Factory In China, Three Years After Previous Deaths And Reports Of Tough Working Conditions
May 20, 2013 11:59 PM EST
The three alleged suicides -- which involved a 30-year-old married man, a 23-year-old woman and 24-year-old man -- follow a wave of previous suicides that have plagued the Taiwan-based technology group in recent years.
Foxconn, which assembles products for Apple Inc., Sony Corp. and Nokia Oyjc, came under fire for its tough working conditions after the suicide deaths of at least 13 Chinese workers at its plants in 2010.
Although Foxconn denied the accusations, it raised wages by nearly 70 percent at its Chinese plants after the wave of deaths.
Foxconn International Holdings Ltd. is the world’s largest maker of computer components and employs up to 1.1 million workers in China.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Video of Kids Reaction to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Goes Viral [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Global Markets Overview – July 24, 2014
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Young and the Restless Casting News, August Spoilers: Two Characters Return to Y&R with Resolution to ‘Maddening Mystery’; Adam Newman Return Update
- Taylor Swift's Advice on Love: 'I think unrequited love is just as valid as any other kind'
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales