How to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware [Full Guide]
By Ryan Inoyori | May 20, 2013 12:00 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 owners are unlikely to expect any Android 4.0 ICS or Android 4.1 Jelly Bean official update and can only have their handset to go Android 2.3 Gingerbread. But you can upgrade your Galaxy S to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by using Slim Bean ROM.
Slim Bean ROM features the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, lightweight system, tons of customisations and stable build.
Features of Slim Bean ROM
- New Root function for Slim File Manager
- New extended Quick Settings
- New Notifications and Lock screen shortcuts
- Updated DashClock
- Customisable Notifications behaviour
- New low battery indicator
- New scenes and focus modes for the camera app
- New exposure and quality for video capture
1. Samsung Galaxy S I9000 - do not flash this ROM any other device or suffer unforeseen consequences.
2. Your device must be rooted to flash this ROM. Click here to root your device.
3. Create a backup of all your personal information, settings and data files on your device.
4. Check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid any power interruption during installation.
5. Enable the "USB debugging" option on your device found in the "Settings" menu.
6. Download and install a custom recovery app such ClockworkMod or TWRP for easier installation.
7. Download then install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
Warning: Slim Bean ROM is a custom ROM. Developers are not liable for any damages which may occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your devices. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the Galaxy S I9000 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy both the Slim Bean ROM and Google Apps package you have downloaded early to the SD card of your handset.
3. Switch the phone and disconnect it from the computer.
4. Press Volume Up + Home + Power keys to reboot the device into Recovery mode.
5. Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup for the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the ROM anytime by simply going to the Recovery mode.
6. Perform a full data wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition."
7. Now install the Slim Bean ROM you've copied earlier. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card. Choose and confirm installation. Do the same with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. The device will restart automatically and boots for at least 5 minutes on the first time.
Well done! You have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using Slim Bean custom ROM. You can use the Slim Centre to check for the ROM update.
For any questions, comments and issues, send your feedback to Slim Bean for Galaxy S XDA original thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance