PlayStation 4 May Come with Siri-Like Feature?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 20, 2013 11:49 AM EST
Latest rumours claimed that Sony's PlayStation 4 may come with Siri-like feature.
The rumour was sparked by a recent job listing from Sony in LinkedIn looking for Speech Recognition Engineering Intern as well as someone qualified to work with "speech noise reduction, speech detection, recognition, noisy rejection, and grammar processing under various environments." It seems that the tech company could be developing voice recognition technology for their upcoming line of PlayStation products.
The listing also calls for someone to assist with "robust speech feature extraction and signal processing for speech enhancement" and "speech enhance and processing of noisy speech with human voice in the background."
It further added that the candidate would need to "engage some initial research off signal separation and neural network processing," "run evaluation and research on keyword spotting" and "conduct some experiment on robust small vocabulary CSR with noisy speech."
However, the question remains whether this feature will be included in the PlayStation 4 or on the products down the line. Some people are speculating that this new information combined with the PlayStation 4 specs released in February point towards a hands-free control setup. Sony previously noted that the PlayStation 4 camera would include a "four channel microphone array," which many thought sounded similar to the technology present in Microsoft's Kinect.
On the other hand, PlayStation 4 will feature a dedicated GPU, 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, an internal hard drive, an eight core AMD x86-64 processor, a Blu-ray optical drive, and Gaikai-powered cloud based computing support.
The PlayStation 4 was announced at a press conference on February 20 earlier this year. It is expected to launch in late 2013 or early next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional