Xbox 720/Infinity/Durango to Support Porn Streaming?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 20, 2013 11:15 AM EST
It may not be surprising for some but the next generation of Xbox will support adult streaming service.
SugarDVD has officially confirmed their arrival on the new Xbox. SugarDVD starts at $7.95 for unlimited streaming service and also offers options for DVD rentals through the mail and "Pay-Per-Minute" viewing as well as a free trial.
Game consoles are becoming home entertainment systems and SugarDVD is similar to that of LoveFilm and Netflix.
Meanwhile, the Xbox Infinity will be showcased at a "special unveiling" by Microsoft's President of Interactive Entertainment Don Mattrick and the Xbox team. The next-generation Xbox launch should be used to unveil the new console, which is tipped to have the same eight-core x86-64 AMD Jaguar processor with 8GB of RAM as the PS4 console revealed in February.
Software giant Microsoft already handed out invitations for the unveiling of the next Xbox, dubbed as Xbox 720, Durango or Infinity, on May 21 at Redmond, Washington.
Rumoured to play host to two separate CPUs for dedicated gaming and multimedia processing capabilities, the Xbox Infinity could also have the new Kinect 2 motion gaming peripheral, Xbox TV streaming service and 3D technology.
Rumour has it that the console will also feature a 64bit system with 1.6 Ghz across eight cores and somewhere around eight GBs of RAM. That's quite a step up from the 360's 3.2 Ghz across three cores and mere 512 MBs of RAM.
The new console will almost certainly have built in WiFi, USB 3.0 ports, a BlueRay drive, large internal hard disk, digital audio and HDMI outputs. A second generation of the Kinect motion sensor is reported to be included with every console with some claiming it won't function unless the sensor is connected.
The Xbox 720 always-on DRM connection has recently been debunked by an apparently legitimate internal Microsoft email, which also tipped the next-gen console to pack a Blu-ray player and HDMI input connection.
The next generation of Xbox console is expected to be announced on the 21st of May this year and was expected to be launched during the holiday season. The new Xbox might not become available earlier than the first quarter of 2014.
However, Microsoft will face stiff competition with the release of Playstation 4. Sony's upcoming next generation console is scheduled for release the holiday season of 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change