Xbox 720/Infinity/Durango to Support Porn Streaming?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 20, 2013 11:15 AM EST
It may not be surprising for some but the next generation of Xbox will support adult streaming service.
SugarDVD has officially confirmed their arrival on the new Xbox. SugarDVD starts at $7.95 for unlimited streaming service and also offers options for DVD rentals through the mail and "Pay-Per-Minute" viewing as well as a free trial.
Game consoles are becoming home entertainment systems and SugarDVD is similar to that of LoveFilm and Netflix.
Meanwhile, the Xbox Infinity will be showcased at a "special unveiling" by Microsoft's President of Interactive Entertainment Don Mattrick and the Xbox team. The next-generation Xbox launch should be used to unveil the new console, which is tipped to have the same eight-core x86-64 AMD Jaguar processor with 8GB of RAM as the PS4 console revealed in February.
Software giant Microsoft already handed out invitations for the unveiling of the next Xbox, dubbed as Xbox 720, Durango or Infinity, on May 21 at Redmond, Washington.
Rumoured to play host to two separate CPUs for dedicated gaming and multimedia processing capabilities, the Xbox Infinity could also have the new Kinect 2 motion gaming peripheral, Xbox TV streaming service and 3D technology.
Rumour has it that the console will also feature a 64bit system with 1.6 Ghz across eight cores and somewhere around eight GBs of RAM. That's quite a step up from the 360's 3.2 Ghz across three cores and mere 512 MBs of RAM.
The new console will almost certainly have built in WiFi, USB 3.0 ports, a BlueRay drive, large internal hard disk, digital audio and HDMI outputs. A second generation of the Kinect motion sensor is reported to be included with every console with some claiming it won't function unless the sensor is connected.
The Xbox 720 always-on DRM connection has recently been debunked by an apparently legitimate internal Microsoft email, which also tipped the next-gen console to pack a Blu-ray player and HDMI input connection.
The next generation of Xbox console is expected to be announced on the 21st of May this year and was expected to be launched during the holiday season. The new Xbox might not become available earlier than the first quarter of 2014.
However, Microsoft will face stiff competition with the release of Playstation 4. Sony's upcoming next generation console is scheduled for release the holiday season of 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports