HIV/AIDS Cure: Scientists Near AIDS Cure; To be Available at Affordable Prices
By Ryan Inoyori | May 20, 2013 10:30 AM EST
Scientists are now drawing near to finding the cure for HIV/AIDS and will put the deadly disease into history. Moreover, the cure for Human Immune Deficiency virus is expected come in handy prices.
Denmark's Cure Lead
Denmark researchers are heading their way to the cure of HIV which has spread havoc back in 80s and 90s. The disease began to contract exclusively on homosexuals and later affected heterosexuals indicating that it is a venereal disease.
Danish Research Council gave 12 million Danish kroner to support scientists to develop a cure against HIV. A promising research points to new strategy on stripping the virus from the human DNA and destroying it using the immune system.
According to Dennis Sifrisvand James Myhre, though promising, is still further away from finding what could be a cure for HIV. Danish researchers are assuming that a cure for HIV will come in months as the testing goes on human trial to a batch of 15 volunteers whose now under therapeutic trial and hopefully one of them shows sign of immense progress.
"I am almost certain we will be successful in releasing the reservoirs of HIV. The challenge will be getting the immune system to recognise the virus and destroy it. This depends on the strength and sensitivity of individual immune systems," said by Ole Sogaard, senior researcher leading the study, noted by Inquisitr.
France Viewing Realistic Cure for HIV
Françoise Barré-Sinoussi believes that HIV is no longer invincible she and her colleagues had once imagined. She can finally speak openly the "C" word which normally a taboo among HIV researchers.
"Normally when you say 'cure', you mean eradication of the virus from the body. But this is going to be very difficult, not to say impossible. However, there is another definition of cure, which is a 'functional cure'. This means people can be treated with drugs or whatever and they will be able to stop their treatment and continue to control the virus without treatment. It is like remission in cancer. As part of this control we will limit the capacity of patients to transmit HIV to others, so there is a double benefit," stated by Barré-Sinoussi, noted by Independent.co.uk.
Truth About HIV
It a slowly replicating virus which causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome humans - the progressive failure of the immune system to defend against infections and cancers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Social Media Conspiracy Fires Up Due To Ancient Engraving On Mars [Watch Video]
- Army Of Moonwalkers May Soon Be Ready As Michael Jackson Reportedly Cloned Himself Before Death
- Yuka, A Woolly Mammoth, Is Just 39,000 Years Young, And Wears A Reddish Coat
- Aussies Love Robots More Than The Japanese Do
- Nanoplug Invisible Hearing Aid Comes With High-Tech Features And Nano-Battery That Recharges Instantaneously
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy