Mercedes GL Class Luxury SUV Launched in India for ₹77.5 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 17, 2013 6:09 PM EST
Luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz has rolled out its all-new luxury Sports Utility Vehicle called GL-Class in India on Thursday with a price tag of ₹77.50 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Unveiled by former tennis star and the company's global brand ambassador, Boris Becker, GL-Class is pegged to raise standards in the Indian car market. The company will seel only 130 units of the vehicle in the form of completely built units. Mercedes will start the production of its newly launched premium car locally at its Chakan plant near Pune from September.
"2013 is the 'Year of Offensive' for Mercedes-Benz India. We have already succeeded with the new M-Class and now the introduction of the new GL-Class will further strengthen our dominance in the luxury large SUV segment. The GL-Class with its proven off-roading prowess is ideal to suit the taste of the growing number of off-roading aficionados in India, "said Eberhard Kern, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
Under the hood, the all new SUV packs a 2987cc engine, V6 diesel engine which churns out a power 190/258 at 3600rpm and 619Nm of torque at 1600-2400. It comes with features like AMG body kit, heated leather seats, nine airbags, attention assist and temperature-controlled cup holders.
The car will be pitted against Audi's top end SUV model Q7. Mercedes which has aggressive plans for the Indian market hopes to achieve double digit growth in the country in the current financial year. It also has plans to increase the number of dealers across the sub-continent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People