Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale: Rajesh Koothrappali Did What?! Time for a Breakthrough!
By Arlene Paredes | May 17, 2013 1:45 PM EST
The Big Bang Theory Season 6 finale served a major breakthrough involving Kunal Nayyar's Rajesh Koothrappali. There is no science discovery involved, but it is massive and it changes the dynamics of the show.
Spoiler Alert: This feature contains spoilers for those who have not seen "The Big Bang Theory" Season 6 finale, "The Bon Voyage Reaction."
Grieving over the end of his first serious relationship, Raj finds himself opening up to Penny. His socially awkward soulmate Lucy (Kate Micucci) breaks up with him just when he though they're both in a great adventure.
It would have been ordinary. Penny is the one person who can comfort Raj when he's depressed. Remember The Big Bang Theory Season 4 finale? Well, that's a different story. This time, in a surprise character development, Raj is talking to Penny without alcohol in his system!
"It's really wonderful because after playing this character for six years, you see him slowly let his guard down," Nayyar told The Hollywood Reporter. "In sitcoms, you can sometimes get stuck in two-dimensional characters or one trick ponies. This has been really wonderful because this season, we get to see Raj really let go of his armor and evolve as a human being and be vulnerable -- which is rare for him."
"It's interesting how things have changed and it's incredible to think what this show has done over these past few years; it's amazing," Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny, told THR.
The Big Bang Theory's Howard Wolowitz, Simon Helberg, teased fans something unprecedented is going to happen in the finale. "People are scared, people are threatened, people are jealous, and there's a lot to deal with," he told Screencrush.com, adding, "There's also something that's pretty unprecedented in the finale that we have not seen yet in all of the past seasons, so it's pretty exciting."
Something similar happened on TBBT Season 1: Raj is unaware he's drinking some placebo mix, and the gang listens to him talk to Penny about dating a girl from his home country. Realizing he's not under any influence of alcohol, Raj chickens out. Fast forward to Season 6, there is no more stopping Raj from talking to the ladies!
More 'The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale' Features:
Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale Spoilers: 'Wolowitz' Actor Dishes Scoop, Teasers, and Some Shockers [VIDEOS]
The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale Spoilers: Leonard and Penny goes back to a Season 2 moment, Sheldon gets jealous! [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies