Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale: Rajesh Koothrappali Did What?! Time for a Breakthrough!
By Arlene Paredes | May 17, 2013 1:45 PM EST
The Big Bang Theory Season 6 finale served a major breakthrough involving Kunal Nayyar's Rajesh Koothrappali. There is no science discovery involved, but it is massive and it changes the dynamics of the show.
Spoiler Alert: This feature contains spoilers for those who have not seen "The Big Bang Theory" Season 6 finale, "The Bon Voyage Reaction."
Grieving over the end of his first serious relationship, Raj finds himself opening up to Penny. His socially awkward soulmate Lucy (Kate Micucci) breaks up with him just when he though they're both in a great adventure.
It would have been ordinary. Penny is the one person who can comfort Raj when he's depressed. Remember The Big Bang Theory Season 4 finale? Well, that's a different story. This time, in a surprise character development, Raj is talking to Penny without alcohol in his system!
"It's really wonderful because after playing this character for six years, you see him slowly let his guard down," Nayyar told The Hollywood Reporter. "In sitcoms, you can sometimes get stuck in two-dimensional characters or one trick ponies. This has been really wonderful because this season, we get to see Raj really let go of his armor and evolve as a human being and be vulnerable -- which is rare for him."
"It's interesting how things have changed and it's incredible to think what this show has done over these past few years; it's amazing," Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny, told THR.
The Big Bang Theory's Howard Wolowitz, Simon Helberg, teased fans something unprecedented is going to happen in the finale. "People are scared, people are threatened, people are jealous, and there's a lot to deal with," he told Screencrush.com, adding, "There's also something that's pretty unprecedented in the finale that we have not seen yet in all of the past seasons, so it's pretty exciting."
Something similar happened on TBBT Season 1: Raj is unaware he's drinking some placebo mix, and the gang listens to him talk to Penny about dating a girl from his home country. Realizing he's not under any influence of alcohol, Raj chickens out. Fast forward to Season 6, there is no more stopping Raj from talking to the ladies!
More 'The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale' Features:
Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale Spoilers: 'Wolowitz' Actor Dishes Scoop, Teasers, and Some Shockers [VIDEOS]
The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Finale Spoilers: Leonard and Penny goes back to a Season 2 moment, Sheldon gets jealous! [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage