Arizona Restaurant Amy's Baking Company Attacked Online After Gordon Ramsay’s ‘Kichen Nightmares’ Appearance
By Anne Lu | May 16, 2013 4:24 PM EST
One restaurant featured on the U.S. TV reality show "Kitchen Nightmares" is finally getting the attention that, as many people claim, it deserves. Arizona restaurant Amy's Baking Company is feeling the backlash of the online community after owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo appeared on the show and attack online commenters.
Last week, the show, which stars English celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, featured the couple as Ramsay tried to help their flailing restaurant business. However, for the first time ever, the Michelin-rated chef walked away from the challenge of helping the couple because the Bouzaglos couldn't take criticisms well.
People who have watched the show know exactly what Ramsay was talking about. To say that the couple were strong headed was putting it mildly.
Samy, who apparently invested more than a million dollars to build the restaurant for his wife, threatened anyone who criticises Amy's cooking. Amy also does that, but she takes it one step further and retaliates with their food. She even fired a young waitress named Katy for having an "attitude" after Katy asked her a question.
"It was at a very early age that I discovered that I have a real, true passion and talent for anything having to do with the culinary arts," Amy said in the programme.
Customers at her restaurant beg to differ about her having a talent for cooking, however. The reviews for their restaurant on Yelp and Reddit weren't kind. They not only bash the food, but also the service. People claim they had to wait for a long time to get their order, and when they finally got it, they found out that it wasn't worth the wait.
Amy said in the show that they invited Ramsay to counter "fake" reviews online about their restaurant. They thought that if a world-class chef such as Ramsay would say that she cooks excellent food, then people would believe him rather than the online reviews.
Only it didn't turn out that way. What Ramsay had experienced in the restaurant was as bad as the other diners had. He not only found fault in the food, but also how the husband and wife duo managed their business.
Ramsay was also aghast at Samy's dubious practice of taking the tips the waitresses earned from diners for himself, and how he was rude to the customers.
But the couple, Amy in particular, wouldn't want to listen to criticisms, and even at some point alleged that Ramsay didn't know what he was talking about. She told him that she didn't want to go through the show anymore, so Ramsay was forced to concede and leave.
Unsurprisingly, the couple, who already have negative reviews online, received even more bad reviews after the episode aired last week. And again unsurprisingly, they retaliated by calling their critics "stupid" and "sh**" among many other names. They also threatened to call the FBI on them.
"You people are all sh**. Yelp sh**, Reddits sh**. Come to here, I will fu***** show you all," one post from them reads.
But on Tuesday, the couple deleted all the hateful posts, telling their followers that they have been hacked.
"Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank you Amy & Samy," they wrote.
Judging by the replies they received, most people are not buying it, though.
The Bouzaglos are planning for a grand re-opening of their restaurant on May 21 to disprove their bad reputation. A portion of the proceeds will benefit an unnamed charity organised to bring awareness to cyber bullying, their post on their Facebook page reads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2