Arizona Restaurant Amy's Baking Company Attacked Online After Gordon Ramsay’s ‘Kichen Nightmares’ Appearance
By Anne Lu | May 16, 2013 4:24 PM EST
One restaurant featured on the U.S. TV reality show "Kitchen Nightmares" is finally getting the attention that, as many people claim, it deserves. Arizona restaurant Amy's Baking Company is feeling the backlash of the online community after owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo appeared on the show and attack online commenters.
Last week, the show, which stars English celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, featured the couple as Ramsay tried to help their flailing restaurant business. However, for the first time ever, the Michelin-rated chef walked away from the challenge of helping the couple because the Bouzaglos couldn't take criticisms well.
People who have watched the show know exactly what Ramsay was talking about. To say that the couple were strong headed was putting it mildly.
Samy, who apparently invested more than a million dollars to build the restaurant for his wife, threatened anyone who criticises Amy's cooking. Amy also does that, but she takes it one step further and retaliates with their food. She even fired a young waitress named Katy for having an "attitude" after Katy asked her a question.
"It was at a very early age that I discovered that I have a real, true passion and talent for anything having to do with the culinary arts," Amy said in the programme.
Customers at her restaurant beg to differ about her having a talent for cooking, however. The reviews for their restaurant on Yelp and Reddit weren't kind. They not only bash the food, but also the service. People claim they had to wait for a long time to get their order, and when they finally got it, they found out that it wasn't worth the wait.
Amy said in the show that they invited Ramsay to counter "fake" reviews online about their restaurant. They thought that if a world-class chef such as Ramsay would say that she cooks excellent food, then people would believe him rather than the online reviews.
Only it didn't turn out that way. What Ramsay had experienced in the restaurant was as bad as the other diners had. He not only found fault in the food, but also how the husband and wife duo managed their business.
Ramsay was also aghast at Samy's dubious practice of taking the tips the waitresses earned from diners for himself, and how he was rude to the customers.
But the couple, Amy in particular, wouldn't want to listen to criticisms, and even at some point alleged that Ramsay didn't know what he was talking about. She told him that she didn't want to go through the show anymore, so Ramsay was forced to concede and leave.
Unsurprisingly, the couple, who already have negative reviews online, received even more bad reviews after the episode aired last week. And again unsurprisingly, they retaliated by calling their critics "stupid" and "sh**" among many other names. They also threatened to call the FBI on them.
"You people are all sh**. Yelp sh**, Reddits sh**. Come to here, I will fu***** show you all," one post from them reads.
But on Tuesday, the couple deleted all the hateful posts, telling their followers that they have been hacked.
"Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank you Amy & Samy," they wrote.
Judging by the replies they received, most people are not buying it, though.
The Bouzaglos are planning for a grand re-opening of their restaurant on May 21 to disprove their bad reputation. A portion of the proceeds will benefit an unnamed charity organised to bring awareness to cyber bullying, their post on their Facebook page reads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones