Upcoming Games: Adventure Time Game, Scribblenauts Unmasked & Star Wars News
By Gilda Galang | May 16, 2013 1:13 PM EST
The favorite cartoon Adventure Time will finally get another game this year, as Cartoon Network once again partners with WayForward to create a sequel to its first Adventure Time hit.
Entitled Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know will give players the quest of saving the Candy Kingdom while also going deep into the Secret Royal Dungeon, reports GameSpot.
Aside from this, the sequel game will also have several playable characters, which according to Joystiq, includes Finn, Jake, and Marceline.
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! was the first Adventure Time game, and one that was met with massive acclaim and success.
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know will be released on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC, and the Nintendo 3DS, though official release dates have not yet been specified.
Star Wars going mobile with EA's direction
Star Wars is also getting some heat in the spotlight, this time as news of Electronic Arts opening an LA studio for the talent working exclusively on Star Wars games, and it seems that the call for talents is already underway.
"There is an extreme talent pool over (there) that we want a part of. It's not a secret that our main competitor is there," said DICE General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson to Fox Business.
IGN reports that the main focus of the developments would center on mobile games, as coordination and maintenance of the catalogue of iOS and Android games is a necessity for the new hire as development manager.
PC will also be a major focus, considering that an MMO-related job listing was also seen, reports IGN. It may be for support or additional content for the Star Wars: The Old Republic, but it's not unlikely that another game may soon be in progress.
This does not mean that console versions will be neglected, as the job listings also include Gen 3 console title experience. The new DIC office is looking to have a well-rounded approach for the Star Wars games.
Another DC Comics game coming your way
Following the success of Injustice: Gods Among Us and the currently in-beta Infinite Crisis, another DC Comics-based game has been confirmed, but this time, it's leaving out the two major current-gen consoles, Xbox 360 and PS3.
A sandbox game from 5th Cell, Scribblenauts Unmasked will offer thousands of heroes and villains, featuring different locations based on DC Comics history.
Catch the riot when it gets released this autumn for the PC, 3DS, and Wii U.
Check out the gameplay trailer, which features the bigwig names.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales