Upcoming Games: Adventure Time Game, Scribblenauts Unmasked & Star Wars News
By Gilda Galang | May 16, 2013 1:13 PM EST
The favorite cartoon Adventure Time will finally get another game this year, as Cartoon Network once again partners with WayForward to create a sequel to its first Adventure Time hit.
Entitled Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know will give players the quest of saving the Candy Kingdom while also going deep into the Secret Royal Dungeon, reports GameSpot.
Aside from this, the sequel game will also have several playable characters, which according to Joystiq, includes Finn, Jake, and Marceline.
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! was the first Adventure Time game, and one that was met with massive acclaim and success.
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know will be released on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC, and the Nintendo 3DS, though official release dates have not yet been specified.
Star Wars going mobile with EA's direction
Star Wars is also getting some heat in the spotlight, this time as news of Electronic Arts opening an LA studio for the talent working exclusively on Star Wars games, and it seems that the call for talents is already underway.
"There is an extreme talent pool over (there) that we want a part of. It's not a secret that our main competitor is there," said DICE General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson to Fox Business.
IGN reports that the main focus of the developments would center on mobile games, as coordination and maintenance of the catalogue of iOS and Android games is a necessity for the new hire as development manager.
PC will also be a major focus, considering that an MMO-related job listing was also seen, reports IGN. It may be for support or additional content for the Star Wars: The Old Republic, but it's not unlikely that another game may soon be in progress.
This does not mean that console versions will be neglected, as the job listings also include Gen 3 console title experience. The new DIC office is looking to have a well-rounded approach for the Star Wars games.
Another DC Comics game coming your way
Following the success of Injustice: Gods Among Us and the currently in-beta Infinite Crisis, another DC Comics-based game has been confirmed, but this time, it's leaving out the two major current-gen consoles, Xbox 360 and PS3.
A sandbox game from 5th Cell, Scribblenauts Unmasked will offer thousands of heroes and villains, featuring different locations based on DC Comics history.
Catch the riot when it gets released this autumn for the PC, 3DS, and Wii U.
Check out the gameplay trailer, which features the bigwig names.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6