Upcoming Games: Adventure Time Game, Scribblenauts Unmasked & Star Wars News
By Gilda Galang | May 16, 2013 1:13 PM EST
The favorite cartoon Adventure Time will finally get another game this year, as Cartoon Network once again partners with WayForward to create a sequel to its first Adventure Time hit.
Entitled Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know will give players the quest of saving the Candy Kingdom while also going deep into the Secret Royal Dungeon, reports GameSpot.
Aside from this, the sequel game will also have several playable characters, which according to Joystiq, includes Finn, Jake, and Marceline.
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! was the first Adventure Time game, and one that was met with massive acclaim and success.
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know will be released on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC, and the Nintendo 3DS, though official release dates have not yet been specified.
Star Wars going mobile with EA's direction
Star Wars is also getting some heat in the spotlight, this time as news of Electronic Arts opening an LA studio for the talent working exclusively on Star Wars games, and it seems that the call for talents is already underway.
"There is an extreme talent pool over (there) that we want a part of. It's not a secret that our main competitor is there," said DICE General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson to Fox Business.
IGN reports that the main focus of the developments would center on mobile games, as coordination and maintenance of the catalogue of iOS and Android games is a necessity for the new hire as development manager.
PC will also be a major focus, considering that an MMO-related job listing was also seen, reports IGN. It may be for support or additional content for the Star Wars: The Old Republic, but it's not unlikely that another game may soon be in progress.
This does not mean that console versions will be neglected, as the job listings also include Gen 3 console title experience. The new DIC office is looking to have a well-rounded approach for the Star Wars games.
Another DC Comics game coming your way
Following the success of Injustice: Gods Among Us and the currently in-beta Infinite Crisis, another DC Comics-based game has been confirmed, but this time, it's leaving out the two major current-gen consoles, Xbox 360 and PS3.
A sandbox game from 5th Cell, Scribblenauts Unmasked will offer thousands of heroes and villains, featuring different locations based on DC Comics history.
Catch the riot when it gets released this autumn for the PC, 3DS, and Wii U.
Check out the gameplay trailer, which features the bigwig names.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Early Unofficial Android 5.0 Lollipop Port for Nexus 4
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘Halo': The Master Chief Collection, Updates And Preorder Details; 343 Industries Announces ‘Halo 2 Anniversary’ Documentary
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge