Confirmed: Ford India to Begin EcoSport Bookings in June
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 15, 2013 4:54 PM EST
Ford India on Tuesday confirmed that bookings for the much anticipated EcoSport SUV will begin in June.
"It's coming in June 2013! You've heard it right! The bookings for the much awaited Urban SUV Ford EcoSport will open in June 2013," Ford confirmed on the Facebook page. The company did not reveal the exact date when it will open the bookings window.
Ford's new SUV which is expected to be a strong opponent to Renault Duster, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio are speculated to hit the Indian roads around the same time in June. Though the launch of the car is yet to be confirmed, the latest news of the bookings correlates to the launch speculation. The vehicle which is already marketed in countries like Brazil, Mexico and China has been much-anticipated in India. Ford is expected to launch the vehicle soon after its Urban Discover Campaign comes to an end.
What We Know About EcoSport
As the speculated launch of the India-bound EcoSport edges closer, rumours about its prices and features are gaining traction. Earlier reports said the vehicle will be launched in four trims - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional. The top-end variants which are powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine will come with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the Ambiente and Trend will have the 5-speed manual transmission (MT). The base model of the EcoSport Ambient will lack safety features like ABS and airbags, but will have manual air conditioning, manual rear windows and Bluetooth audio system.
The EcoSport Trend variant will come with ABS and EBD, but will leave out the airbags. The other features of this variant include steering mounted audio controls, height adjustable drive seat and front and rear power windows.
The Titanium EcoSport will have power windows, steering mounted controls, automatic air conditioning system, Microsoft SYNC, 16″ alloys, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors and chrome exteriors. The top variant, Ford EcoSport Titanium Optional, along with the features offered by the Trend will feature leather seats, push button start, Keyless Vehicle System and side and curtain airbags.
The car is expected to be priced ₹5.9 to ₹6 lakh, and the high-end variants in the ₹9 lakh range.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected