Confirmed: Ford India to Begin EcoSport Bookings in June
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 15, 2013 4:54 PM EST
Ford India on Tuesday confirmed that bookings for the much anticipated EcoSport SUV will begin in June.
"It's coming in June 2013! You've heard it right! The bookings for the much awaited Urban SUV Ford EcoSport will open in June 2013," Ford confirmed on the Facebook page. The company did not reveal the exact date when it will open the bookings window.
Ford's new SUV which is expected to be a strong opponent to Renault Duster, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio are speculated to hit the Indian roads around the same time in June. Though the launch of the car is yet to be confirmed, the latest news of the bookings correlates to the launch speculation. The vehicle which is already marketed in countries like Brazil, Mexico and China has been much-anticipated in India. Ford is expected to launch the vehicle soon after its Urban Discover Campaign comes to an end.
What We Know About EcoSport
As the speculated launch of the India-bound EcoSport edges closer, rumours about its prices and features are gaining traction. Earlier reports said the vehicle will be launched in four trims - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional. The top-end variants which are powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine will come with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the Ambiente and Trend will have the 5-speed manual transmission (MT). The base model of the EcoSport Ambient will lack safety features like ABS and airbags, but will have manual air conditioning, manual rear windows and Bluetooth audio system.
The EcoSport Trend variant will come with ABS and EBD, but will leave out the airbags. The other features of this variant include steering mounted audio controls, height adjustable drive seat and front and rear power windows.
The Titanium EcoSport will have power windows, steering mounted controls, automatic air conditioning system, Microsoft SYNC, 16″ alloys, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors and chrome exteriors. The top variant, Ford EcoSport Titanium Optional, along with the features offered by the Trend will feature leather seats, push button start, Keyless Vehicle System and side and curtain airbags.
The car is expected to be priced ₹5.9 to ₹6 lakh, and the high-end variants in the ₹9 lakh range.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales