Confirmed: Ford India to Begin EcoSport Bookings in June
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 15, 2013 4:54 PM EST
Ford India on Tuesday confirmed that bookings for the much anticipated EcoSport SUV will begin in June.
"It's coming in June 2013! You've heard it right! The bookings for the much awaited Urban SUV Ford EcoSport will open in June 2013," Ford confirmed on the Facebook page. The company did not reveal the exact date when it will open the bookings window.
Ford's new SUV which is expected to be a strong opponent to Renault Duster, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio are speculated to hit the Indian roads around the same time in June. Though the launch of the car is yet to be confirmed, the latest news of the bookings correlates to the launch speculation. The vehicle which is already marketed in countries like Brazil, Mexico and China has been much-anticipated in India. Ford is expected to launch the vehicle soon after its Urban Discover Campaign comes to an end.
What We Know About EcoSport
As the speculated launch of the India-bound EcoSport edges closer, rumours about its prices and features are gaining traction. Earlier reports said the vehicle will be launched in four trims - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional. The top-end variants which are powered by the 1.5-litre petrol engine will come with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the Ambiente and Trend will have the 5-speed manual transmission (MT). The base model of the EcoSport Ambient will lack safety features like ABS and airbags, but will have manual air conditioning, manual rear windows and Bluetooth audio system.
The EcoSport Trend variant will come with ABS and EBD, but will leave out the airbags. The other features of this variant include steering mounted audio controls, height adjustable drive seat and front and rear power windows.
The Titanium EcoSport will have power windows, steering mounted controls, automatic air conditioning system, Microsoft SYNC, 16″ alloys, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors and chrome exteriors. The top variant, Ford EcoSport Titanium Optional, along with the features offered by the Trend will feature leather seats, push button start, Keyless Vehicle System and side and curtain airbags.
The car is expected to be priced ₹5.9 to ₹6 lakh, and the high-end variants in the ₹9 lakh range.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS