New Jersey Father of Brandon Holt’s Accidental Killer Charged With Improper Firearms Storage, Could Face Jail Time
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | May 15, 2013 1:49 PM EST
A month after the ill-fated shooting, the father of Brandon Holt's accidental killer has been charged responsible for the death of the 6-year-old. Anthony Senatore of Toms River, N.J. was charged with several counts of endangering the welfare of children after law enforcement agencies found multiple unsecured weapons laying around in his house which are very much accessible to kids.
Mr. Senatore is the father of the 4-year-old boy who shot and killed Brandon after finding a loaded .22-caliber rifle in his parents' bedroom on April 8.
The prosecutor's office in Atlantic County said Mr Senatore faces five counts of second-degree child endangerment for storing five unsecured firearms in places where they were accessible to his children, and one count of third-degree child endangerment for storing one of those firearms in a place where it endangered the welfare of the 6-year-old who was killed.
Police officials said they found four shotguns, including two Harrington & Richardson shotguns as well as a Remington 12-gauge shotgun, in close proximity to ammunition and accessible to his three young children, aged 12, 8 and 4 years old.
Convictions for every second-degree count usually amount between 5 to 10 years in prison. If Mr Senatore gets convicted, he could last up to 50 years in jail.
Toms River is located 70 miles south of New York City. Witnesses recounted Mr Senatore's 4-year-old then playing outside with Brandon on the evening of April 8 when the younger child went inside his house. Minutes later, he came out with a loaded weapon in his hand. The gun went off, hitting Brandon, who was 45 feet away in a go-cart. Brandon died the next day in a hospital.
Arrested on Monday, Mr Senatore posted a $100,000 bail the same night.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff