New Jersey Father of Brandon Holt’s Accidental Killer Charged With Improper Firearms Storage, Could Face Jail Time
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | May 15, 2013 1:49 PM EST
A month after the ill-fated shooting, the father of Brandon Holt's accidental killer has been charged responsible for the death of the 6-year-old. Anthony Senatore of Toms River, N.J. was charged with several counts of endangering the welfare of children after law enforcement agencies found multiple unsecured weapons laying around in his house which are very much accessible to kids.
Mr. Senatore is the father of the 4-year-old boy who shot and killed Brandon after finding a loaded .22-caliber rifle in his parents' bedroom on April 8.
The prosecutor's office in Atlantic County said Mr Senatore faces five counts of second-degree child endangerment for storing five unsecured firearms in places where they were accessible to his children, and one count of third-degree child endangerment for storing one of those firearms in a place where it endangered the welfare of the 6-year-old who was killed.
Police officials said they found four shotguns, including two Harrington & Richardson shotguns as well as a Remington 12-gauge shotgun, in close proximity to ammunition and accessible to his three young children, aged 12, 8 and 4 years old.
Convictions for every second-degree count usually amount between 5 to 10 years in prison. If Mr Senatore gets convicted, he could last up to 50 years in jail.
Toms River is located 70 miles south of New York City. Witnesses recounted Mr Senatore's 4-year-old then playing outside with Brandon on the evening of April 8 when the younger child went inside his house. Minutes later, he came out with a loaded weapon in his hand. The gun went off, hitting Brandon, who was 45 feet away in a go-cart. Brandon died the next day in a hospital.
Arrested on Monday, Mr Senatore posted a $100,000 bail the same night.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS