Sony Confirms No PlayStation 4 Delay: Console Coming to Japan, UK and US This Year
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 15, 2013 11:55 AM EST
Consumers feared that the release of PlayStation will be delayed in Europe but new reports claimed that Sony will stick to its plan and timeline and will ship the next PlayStation to all three of the world's major gaming markets sometime during the 2013 holiday season.
Before Sony announced the PS4 release date would be coming sometime during the 2013 holiday season, a report from Edge magazine suggested that EU shipping and distribution regulations would force Sony to delay the next PlayStation's European launch until early 2014.
Moreover, rumours also suggested that the delayed PS4 release date would also see supply shortages in several regions due to production issues and gamers will be able to get their hands on a PlayStation 4 before mid- to late 2014.
Fortunately, a new report from the UK gaming press suggests that initial concerns about a delay may have been overhyped, and that Sony sees very real value in scheduling the European PS4 release date before the end of 2013.
According to CVG, Sony has no interest in seeing Microsoft replicate the early success of the Xbox 360, and the company will do everything in its power to ensure that the European PS4 release date is not pushed to 2014. Unfortunately, the UK gaming site's source didn't have more information on the PS4 supply shortage which some believe will accompany the console's European launch.
On the other hand, software giant Microsoft already handed out invitations for the unveiling of the next Xbox, dubbed as Xbox 720, Durango or Infinity, on May 21 at Redmond, Washington. The two will have to face stiff competition this coming holiday season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family