iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date Most Likely in September, Proves Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 15, 2013 10:14 AM EST
A lot of consumers are waiting for the next iPhones and the rumour mill are full of speculations as to when the devices will be released. Moreover, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek states September as the likely month that it will debut. Misek debunked the rumours that the next iPhone will be released in June on Bloomberg TV.
Misek also said that the phone would need a production time of between 60 and 90 days and stated that production had not yet begun. If production started next month, it means that the very earliest the next iPhone would release would be at the end of August or beginning of September.
However, Misek feels that based on news from more than 400 suppliers, production of the iPhone 6/5S is not likely to begin until the end of June or early July, meaning it is more plausible to think that the phone won't appear until September or later.
The analyst also added to the current speculation on what the next iPhone will have to offer and believes it will look very like the current iPhone 5 and despite talk of an iPhone with a larger display Misek also feels that this time around it will still have a 4-inch display.
He also talked of a high possibility of the next iPhone coming in an array of colors and that it would have an improved processor and also a 12-megapixel rear camera. Interestingly Misek added that there was a "good chance" that the phone would have a fingerprint sensor.
Rumour has it that the next iPhone will feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.
The Apple chief Tim Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of the year.
Cook also subtly dented rumours that the iPhone 5S could launch as early as June. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
It seems that the reports on the delayed release date of Apple products proved to be true. A number of analysts claimed that Apple's smartphones are delayed due to "production issues". However, recent reports also claimed that Chinese suppliers already received the components needed in building the iPhones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates