iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date Most Likely in September, Proves Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 15, 2013 10:14 AM EST
A lot of consumers are waiting for the next iPhones and the rumour mill are full of speculations as to when the devices will be released. Moreover, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek states September as the likely month that it will debut. Misek debunked the rumours that the next iPhone will be released in June on Bloomberg TV.
Misek also said that the phone would need a production time of between 60 and 90 days and stated that production had not yet begun. If production started next month, it means that the very earliest the next iPhone would release would be at the end of August or beginning of September.
However, Misek feels that based on news from more than 400 suppliers, production of the iPhone 6/5S is not likely to begin until the end of June or early July, meaning it is more plausible to think that the phone won't appear until September or later.
The analyst also added to the current speculation on what the next iPhone will have to offer and believes it will look very like the current iPhone 5 and despite talk of an iPhone with a larger display Misek also feels that this time around it will still have a 4-inch display.
He also talked of a high possibility of the next iPhone coming in an array of colors and that it would have an improved processor and also a 12-megapixel rear camera. Interestingly Misek added that there was a "good chance" that the phone would have a fingerprint sensor.
Rumour has it that the next iPhone will feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.
The Apple chief Tim Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of the year.
Cook also subtly dented rumours that the iPhone 5S could launch as early as June. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
It seems that the reports on the delayed release date of Apple products proved to be true. A number of analysts claimed that Apple's smartphones are delayed due to "production issues". However, recent reports also claimed that Chinese suppliers already received the components needed in building the iPhones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices